PSR 800 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshaynes

Premium Subscriber
OK, i have a question and i'm a newbie. my very first ever scanner is a PSR 800. the city and county i primarily listen to is analog. i hear their law enforcement traffic; but do not hear Fire and EMS traffic.

I updated the firmwire and setup the scan lists using my computer. the settings appear to be the same for each category ( law enforcement, fire and EMS). but why can't i hear the fire and EMS traffic ?

IowaGuy1603

OK, i have a question and i'm a newbie. my very first ever scanner is a PSR 800. the city and county i primarily listen to is analog. i hear their law enforcement traffic; but do not hear Fire and EMS traffic.

I updated the firmwire and setup the scan lists using my computer. the settings appear to be the same for each category ( law enforcement, fire and EMS). but why can't i hear the fire and EMS traffic ?

do you have the fire and ems channels in the scan list.............

kcoleman

I see that your location is NE GA, but what city and county... with that information the good folks here will be better able to help you. ;)

Keith,

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Hmm it may help to specify what city and county we're talking about.

EDIT: Basically what the gentleman above me said at almost the same time ;)

jackj

Could you have the wrong tone/digital squelch set for the channels you don't hear?

marshaynes

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the answers. And to answer your questions, I live halfway between Gainesville & Oakwood in Hall. The city/county I'm monitoring is Dahlonega in Lumpkin Co. Since I know very little about programming a scanner, I'm relying heavily on the software.

Also, I'm using the antenna that came with the 800.

Thank you, all.

N8IAA

Thank you for the answers. And to answer your questions, I live halfway between Gainesville & Oakwood in Hall. The city/county I'm monitoring is Dahlonega in Lumpkin Co. Since I know very little about programming a scanner, I'm relying heavily on the software.

Also, I'm using the antenna that came with the 800.

Thank you, all.

Being that the FD frequency for Dahlonega is not a repeater, but simplex, you will not be able to monitor with the short antenna that came with the radio. Have you been able to hear any of the Lumpkin public service frequencies? If not, it is because of the limits of the antenna on the radio. I suggest getting the Radio Shack extendable antenna with the loading coil. Or, get a telescoping antenna and extending it full length. Might have gotten this answer faster in the Georgia State Forums further down the forums page:)
HTH,
Larry

marshaynes

Premium Subscriber
Manny49, thank you for mentioning the frequency possibly being incorrect. I THOUGHT i had updated the 800's software, but must have overlooked something because when i checked my scan list, it was showing frequency 155.445. I went to the Lumpkin County Live Audio page, and sure enough the feed provider has the frequency listed as 154.445.

I've changed my scan list from 155.445 to 154.445. now i'll just wait.....

Larry, based on your suggestion, i'm experimenting with Radio Shack's center loaded extendable antenna.

Thank you both

Status
Not open for further replies.