PSR500 skipping over ENC TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman253

Premium Subscriber
Maybe someone can help me out on this one.... my uniden bc296d will display and demod the encrypted audio on P25encrypted + DES TG's on the Bell Fleetnet Moto type II mixed mode system, but my PSR500 will not (in trunk mode) !!
I am wondering if the PSR500 is not displaying activity for this TG because it is skipping over the encrypted +DES TGs
new P25 ENC +DES TGs have been showing up lately in the 16XXX TGID range but no one knows who these are being used by
as such they are not listed in the RR db but the system in question is as follows:

Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

The PSR500 does not do this for other encrypted TG's on the fleetnet system though.
9120 was (P25 ENC without DES) encrypted the other day and when listening for all activity off a given tower using a "wildcard TG" .I can hear the encrypted audio and see the TG displayed just fine.
but for the 16xxx series (RCMP???) TGs the PSR will not display .or demod the ENC R2D2 conversations in trunked mode

I only noticed this because I have the Fleetnet tower site freqs programmed in conventional mode as well.

and encrypted audio comes through just fine on the local tower site conventional channels (ie: 142.425 ) on the PSR 500

Anyone else notice this problem????..

cfr301

Maybe someone can help me out on this one.... my uniden bc296d will display and demod the encrypted audio on P25encrypted + DES TG's on the Bell Fleetnet Moto type II mixed mode system, but my PSR500 will not (in trunk mode) !!
I am wondering if the PSR500 is not displaying activity for this TG because it is skipping over the encrypted +DES TGs
new P25 ENC +DES TGs have been showing up lately in the 16XXX TGID range but no one knows who these are being used by
as such they are not listed in the RR db but the system in question is as follows:

Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

The PSR500 does not do this for other encrypted TG's on the fleetnet system though.
9120 was (P25 ENC without DES) encrypted the other day and when listening for all activity off a given tower using a "wildcard TG" .I can hear the encrypted audio and see the TG displayed just fine.
but for the 16xxx series (RCMP???) TGs the PSR will not display .or demod the ENC R2D2 conversations in trunked mode

I only noticed this because I have the Fleetnet tower site freqs programmed in conventional mode as well.

and encrypted audio comes through just fine on the local tower site conventional channels (ie: 142.425 ) on the PSR 500

Anyone else notice this problem????..

Real Quick thought.. Check in global setting see if your PSR 500 is set to Canadian Or USA, if its USA try changing that setting.

Rick

rmiller818

As I recall, the PSR-500 will skip encrypted talkgroups on a Type II system because it detects the status bit for an encrypted talkgroup.

Is that along the lines of what you were asking?

DiGiTaLD

As I recall, the PSR-500 will skip encrypted talkgroups on a Type II system because it detects the status bit for an encrypted talkgroup.
Correct. It will skip talkgroups operating with encrypted traffic on a Motorola Type II system due to the status bit. This is not the case for P25 systems.

If you are listening in conventional mode and the radio is not actually following the system, then you'll hear everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.