PSREdit500 Conventional Object question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
360
Location
Dyer, IN
PSREdit500 Conventional Object Editor question

I apologize in advance if this has been asked already, but a search didn't turn up the answer I was looking for. But then again perhaps I didn't enter the search parameters correctly. In any event, here's what I'm wondering...

I just finished up manually entering a list of freqs for the Chicago Air and Water Show that I got from CARMA's Yahoo group. There were only 16, so it wasn't too bad, but I was wondering if there was a "quicker" way to enter conventional freqs manually?

To enter them, I had to click on the Conventional Objects tab along the top, then right click in the blank area, and then select New Conventional Object, which opened up the editor. I had to do this right-click and select editor thing 16 times. Like I said earlier, with only 16 to enter, it wasn't too bad.

So, I guess I've said all of that to ask this question....When entering frequencies manually, is there a way to do more than one freq, and its associated info/settings, at a time, or do I have to do these steps each time?

Any information anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. many thanks in advance.

SSSG

:)
 
Last edited:

mikey60

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
3,543
Reaction score
55
Location
Oakland County Michigan
Well, when I try that I get an error message stating..."No columns were identified as the frequency column. The import has failed."

You have to tell the program which column is which. Click on the header of the column and select the correct field for that column. The Frequency column is the required column, the others are optional, but should be selected for best results.

Mike
 

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
360
Location
Dyer, IN
You have to tell the program which column is which. Click on the header of the column and select the correct field for that column. The Frequency column is the required column, the others are optional, but should be selected for best results.

Mike

Thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate it. However, I do have one more question.

Here is what I'm trying to cut/paste...

134.100 / 353.500 Platform
118.400 / 308.400 Tracon
125.600 / 256.700 Gary Tower

123.575 Lima-Lima Air to Air
123.425 Firebirds Air to Air
123.150 Aeroshell and Golden Knights
122.125 Rob Holland discrete
266.600 A10 UHF Discrete
138.750 A10 VHF Discrete (AM)
47.00 Blackhawk Helos air to air (FM)
376.025 Viper West discrete
469.2625 (D506) Simplex. Castaways F1
464.5750 (000.0) Simplex. Castaways F2

Once I right click, hit paste, and set column 1 as frequency, is there any way to set up a second column for the alpha tags?
 

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Joined
May 11, 2002
Messages
7,739
Reaction score
1
Location
Eclipse, Virginia
Thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate it. However, I do have one more question.

Here is what I'm trying to cut/paste...

134.100 / 353.500 Platform
118.400 / 308.400 Tracon
125.600 / 256.700 Gary Tower

123.575 Lima-Lima Air to Air
123.425 Firebirds Air to Air
123.150 Aeroshell and Golden Knights
122.125 Rob Holland discrete
266.600 A10 UHF Discrete
138.750 A10 VHF Discrete (AM)
47.00 Blackhawk Helos air to air (FM)
376.025 Viper West discrete
469.2625 (D506) Simplex. Castaways F1
464.5750 (000.0) Simplex. Castaways F2

Once I right click, hit paste, and set column 1 as frequency, is there any way to set up a second column for the alpha tags?
1st column is alpha tag but your listing needs sorting into columns. A spread sheet is best for sorting (I use Excel).
Code:
Nor Approach	257.3000
Tac Control	262.9000
Tac Control	264.2000
Pope AFB CP	266.2000
Oceana GCA	266.8000
Cherry Pt Ap	268.7000
Giant Killer	270.8000
BTW, all other columns auto fill after setting column 1 to alpha tag.
 
Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
360
Location
Dyer, IN
1st column is alpha tag but your listing needs sorting into columns. A spread sheet is best for sorting (I use Excel).
Code:
Nor Approach	257.3000
Tac Control	262.9000
Tac Control	264.2000
Pope AFB CP	266.2000
Oceana GCA	266.8000
Cherry Pt Ap	268.7000
Giant Killer	270.8000
BTW, all other columns auto fill after setting column 1 to alpha tag.

Thanks!! That's just what I needed to know.

I appreciate all of the replies.

SSSG

:)
 

mikey60

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
3,543
Reaction score
55
Location
Oakland County Michigan
Thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate it. However, I do have one more question.

Here is what I'm trying to cut/paste...

134.100 / 353.500 Platform
118.400 / 308.400 Tracon
125.600 / 256.700 Gary Tower

123.575 Lima-Lima Air to Air
123.425 Firebirds Air to Air
123.150 Aeroshell and Golden Knights
122.125 Rob Holland discrete
266.600 A10 UHF Discrete
138.750 A10 VHF Discrete (AM)
47.00 Blackhawk Helos air to air (FM)
376.025 Viper West discrete
469.2625 (D506) Simplex. Castaways F1
464.5750 (000.0) Simplex. Castaways F2

Once I right click, hit paste, and set column 1 as frequency, is there any way to set up a second column for the alpha tags?

That would make it tough, it needs to be delimited somehow. Placing a tab or comma between each item would help...

Try pasting this:

134.100,,Platform
353.500,,Platform
118.400,,Tracon
308.400,,Tracon
125.600,,Gary Tower
256.700,,Gary Tower
123.575,,Lima-Lima Air to Air
123.425,,Firebirds Air to Air
123.150,,Aeroshell and Golden Knights
122.125,,Rob Holland discrete
266.600,,A10 UHF Discrete
138.750,,A10 VHF Discrete (AM)
47.00,,Blackhawk Helos air to air (FM)
376.025,,Viper West discrete
469.2625,D506,Castaways F1
464.5750,,Castaways F2


Mike
 

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
360
Location
Dyer, IN
That would make it tough, it needs to be delimited somehow. Placing a tab or comma between each item would help...

Try pasting this:

134.100,,Platform
353.500,,Platform
118.400,,Tracon
308.400,,Tracon
125.600,,Gary Tower
256.700,,Gary Tower
123.575,,Lima-Lima Air to Air
123.425,,Firebirds Air to Air
123.150,,Aeroshell and Golden Knights
122.125,,Rob Holland discrete
266.600,,A10 UHF Discrete
138.750,,A10 VHF Discrete (AM)
47.00,,Blackhawk Helos air to air (FM)
376.025,,Viper West discrete
469.2625,D506,Castaways F1
464.5750,,Castaways F2


Mike

Thanks. That's pretty useful as well. Either this way or a spreadsheet will definitely make manual entry (when needed) a lot easier.

SSSG

:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top