PSREdit: PSREdit500 Not Importing Trunked Systems

CartoonMcD

I am trying to import a trunked system using PSREdit500/600 software. Onto Whistler 1065. Before I would select import data from radioreference.com, select trunk data. Then sign in, and select "Ohio MARCS-IP; Multi-Agency Radio Communications, and then select the items I wanted to add. And click on Import System and was done. But now the "Import System" is not highlighted to be able to click on it?!? I have checked to make sure the software is updated, and I have a premium membership to radioreference.com. Can anyone help, please. (My membership is running out on radioreference.com) And I am not sure how to manual program trunked into PSREdit500/600 software. Thanks.

Attachments

• psreidt500.jpg
    psreidt500.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 18

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am trying to import a trunked system using PSREdit500/600 software. Onto Whistler 1065. Before I would select import data from radioreference.com, select trunk data. Then sign in, and select "Ohio MARCS-IP; Multi-Agency Radio Communications, and then select the items I wanted to add. And click on Import System and was done. But now the "Import System" is not highlighted to be able to click on it?!? I have checked to make sure the software is updated, and I have a premium membership to radioreference.com. Can anyone help, please. (My membership is running out on radioreference.com) And I am not sure how to manual program trunked into PSREdit500/600 software. Thanks.

Looking at your screenshot, you have nothing selected.
1690521579976.png
If the items you want are those in your posted image, either manually select just the ones you want, or use the Select all (if you want all of them).
For the import to complete successfully, you need one or more talkgroups selected, as well as at least one site. I selected the Stark County site, then selected that set of talkgroups. The "Import" button is highlighted & ready to be used.
1690521495394.png

There is an online (downloadable) user guide for PSREdit500, accessible from Whistler's site, which sends you here:
PSREdit Guide

rtshort

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same issue, but I do have selections made.
I'd appreciate any help that I can get. TIA

GrayedOut1.png

Attachments

• GrayedOut2.png
    GrayedOut2.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 4

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I'm having the same issue, but I do have selections made.
I'd appreciate any help that I can get. TIA

View attachment 148033
You have several issues. One is it looks like you're trying to import too many TG's (hence the negative number) and two is no scanner that PSREdit supports will do TDMA (the "T" in the mode column).

rtshort

Premium Subscriber
You have several issues. One is it looks like you're trying to import too many TG's (hence the negative number) and two is no scanner that PSREdit supports will do TDMA (the "T" in the mode column).
Thanks for the VERY quick reply. I was about to go crazy. I did figure it out. Went back through the process again and was more selective about what I chose instead of "Select All". I did notice the negative number there, but didn't know what it meant. Thanks to you, now I do.
I live in a rather small city in MS (Population about 30,000) and I'm only using the included antenna. I live in an apartment and can't install a roof top antenna. I do have a sliding glass door that I can put an "external antenna" in (have one for the TV and pick up about 25 channels). Do you have any recommendation, or can I use that one? I'd appreciate it.

I started using scanners when you actually had to purchase a a chip for the channel that you wanted. My first one had 8 channels, I think (Radio Shack), maybe 10. I did have a Bearcat programmable, but that was YEARS ago. This is the first scanner that I've had in over 30 years or so. I used to have it connected to the TV antenna and it worked pretty well. I'm shocked at how far they have come, as all things technology related do.

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

rtshort

Premium Subscriber
Opps, missed the 2nd comment. What is the TDMA mode and which scanner will it work with and is there a better program?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Opps, missed the 2nd comment. What is the TDMA mode and which scanner will it work with and is there a better program?
TDMA refers to P25 Phase II systems.

Scanners that can handle that:
Uniden-HP-2, 325P2, 996P2, 436HP, 536HP, SDS100, SDS200

Whistler
Current models TRX-1 & TRX-2
Discontinued models WS1080, WS1088, WS1095, WS1098
Also the old PSR800 and Pro-668 (if they have been upgraded to handle P25 Phase II)

The MSWIN site in your county (Warren) does not show to be a simulcast site, However, if you, at times, visit another county in your state, or somewhere else (when traveling) that does use simulcast, then your best choices would be either the SDS100 or SDS200. The 436HP/536HP are not the best at simulcast, but they are better than Uniden's P2 series or the HP-2, as well as any of the Whistler, PSR, or Radio Shack models.