• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PTT ID MDC1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnychaos

Hello all. My company has put me in charge of maintaining our fleet of radios. I am fairly new to the 2way radio world, so please bear that in mind. A current issue I am having is with PTT ID. We have a mix of vertex standard and Motorola radios, primarily the VX-2100s and the CM200s, but also have a couple of other models (XPR-4350, CM300, and a couple Kenwoo radios). The vertex standard radio IDs display on our ID board and the Motorola IDs will display on a CM300 radio but not on the ID board in the office. I believe they both use the MDC-1200 DTMF protocol for PTT ID. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for in the Motorola CM200 programming to get their IDS to display on the ID Board. The previous person setup the office base stations using a mix of Vertex Standard VX-2200 and Motorola XPR-4350. I have 4 yards that each have their own simple base stations. Any guidance would be appreciated.

jonnychaos

What is the make/model of the ID board?
I have been doing further research and I believe the issue is that the Midian ADD100 will only decode and display DTMF and not MDC1200. Does anybody know if the Motorola CM200 can be set to use DTMF instead of MDC1200?

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
Vertex standard formally used the Cimmarron VME/VDME-100/200 respectively (one had encode only the other had both encode/decode MDC1200 and GE Star!!!! YES GE Star decode on a portable) from what I know the newer digital vertex radios (both the p25 and DMR line) had MDC1200 functionality built in

kf8yk

You could change the DTMF only Midian ADD-100 decoder to a Midian ADD-MF which supports DTMF, MDC1200, G-Star, Fleetsync and 5 tone ANI formats.

jonnychaos

You could change the DTMF only Midian ADD-100 decoder to a Midian ADD-MF which supports DTMF, MDC1200, G-Star, Fleetsync and 5 tone ANI formats.
Yes, after further research that is what I'm doing. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.