• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PTT ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ccfd48

Hey all newbie here I am part of a local fire dept and am now starting to program our radios we used to use kenwood fleet sync to show Ids we now got all new and switched all over to motorolas we have cp200 ht1250 cm300 cdm and pm radios. I've tried dtmf to send when keying up and it sends out a id but can't received on any of the other radios I've tried mdt and same prob. We are wanting to show our id number on other radio when we talk like the fleet sync I have all channels working and page boards work all good just can't get them to show our id when we key the mic any help or ideas ? Thanks

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hey all newbie here I am part of a local fire dept and am now starting to program our radios we used to use kenwood fleet sync to show Ids we now got all new and switched all over to motorolas we have cp200 ht1250 cm300 cdm and pm radios. I've tried dtmf to send when keying up and it sends out a id but can't received on any of the other radios I've tried mdt and same prob. We are wanting to show our id number on other radio when we talk like the fleet sync I have all channels working and page boards work all good just can't get them to show our id when we key the mic any help or ideas ? Thanks
These notes are for the Professional Series (HT750/1250 and CDM) but should be easily adapted to the Commercial Series.

Setting up MDC –Define an MDC System (You can go back and fine tune later if desired.) First, create and set up a basic system to transmit an ID.
1) Signaling --> MDC System -> MDC System – 1 --> Basic Tab: Primary ID, type in the ID you want to send. Note: valid MDC ID’s are 4-digit hexadecimal numbers with the following limitations:
a) “0000” is not permitted
b) “F” is not permitted in any digit position
c) “E” is not permitted in the first digit position
2) Still on the Basic Tab --> PTT ID Type: Select Pre-Only or Post-Only (I like Post-Only because there’s no ID sent at the beginning of the transmission so that people who talk too quickly when keying the mic are not blocked out.)
3) If you simply want to decode MDC ID (and your radio is capable of this), Signaling --> MDC System --> MDC System – 1 --> Basic Tab: Check the box for “Display Decode ID.” Also on this tab, if you use PL, check “PL Transmit” too.
4) For now, don’t change any other settings in the MDC System. For a simple send an ID system, this is all you need to do. DO NOT mess with DOS or timing settings unless you know exactly what you are doing.
a) Now, to point your Personality to the MDC system: Go to the Conventional Personality that you want to send the PTT-ID. On the Signaling tab, under Tx System, select the MDC system you wish this personality to use. Note: You have to use the drop down menu and only validly defined MDC systems will appear. Ignore systems of any other type. Signaling squelch should be set to “OR.” We’ll come back to this tab later if you want to set up an ID alias system on Rx. Otherwise, leave it set to “None.”
5) If you desire to only transmit MDC ID and don’t want to decode MDC into an alias, or your model doesn’t have a display, you are done. Test your ID with another radio that has a display and is properly set up to receive MDC ID. You cannot send your ID to another radio that is programmed with the same ID. They ignore each other.

CRITICAL NOTE: You must enable MDC on both Tx and Rx for each personality that you want to use this.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
The side tone can be short, long or off (just remember not to speak right away if you decide to turn it off) but the beep is all that's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.