Quad City Police Channels to go dark on Tuesday (11/1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowajm780

Thats what happens when live events are put on Facebook for everyone to hear including the bad guys in real time. People wonder why encryption is implented. Thanks to Shari Telman, who has nothing better to that do but put police calls on Facebook Live. I wonder if Ms. Telman is making a quick buck from ads being sold on her Facebook page. Well 8k folks better have a different hobby now.

Telman pointed out access to the police channels also "can prevent the spread of gossip and unfounded accusations against individuals or the police". Thought I heard all of them, but this one takes the cake.

Mex

I was listening Tuesday morning. Scott County Sheriff's Department was the only agency I never heard. I did hear Scott County tone Eldridge fire early morning around 9-10am. It was a test page, they said they are testing the tone to make sure everything worked fine cause SCSO just switched over to a new system.

spencerwww

I was listening Tuesday morning. Scott County Sheriff's Department was the only agency I never heard. I did hear Scott County tone Eldridge fire early morning around 9-10am. It was a test page, they said they are testing the tone to make sure everything worked fine cause SCSO just switched over to a new system.
When will fire ems know if they switch over or the new system usually if they say opposite fire ems stays open. In sure they would side all public safety encryption go dark if so

spencerwww

So fire won't either usally.if anything wncrpyts its ems police so im guess fire dept won't either

gcurtis79

Feed Provider
I've been running a Broadcastify stream for RACOM for 10 years. The recent switch to the SARA network required a hardware upgrade, but everything is still operational. The only difference is that previously encrypted (ProVoice) channels are no longer encrypted, for now.

We keep hearing that they are going to encrypt, but officers and state troopers I'm friends with thought it already did because their scanners suddenly "don't work". Problem is, they haven't had their scanners programmed for SARA, and many of them don't have Simulcast compatible scanners.

Last edited:

spencerwww

I've been running a Broadcastify stream for RACOM for 10 years. The recent switch to the SARA network required a hardware upgrade, but everything is still operational. The only difference is that previously encrypted (ProVoice) channels are no longer encrypted, for now.

We keep hearing that they are going to encrypt, but officers and state troopers I'm friends with thought it already did because their scanners suddenly "don't work". Problem is, they haven't had their scanners programmed for SARA, and many of them don't have Simulcast compatible scanners.
Is fire going be clear

mws72

Premium Subscriber
As of 11/25 Illinoisr side is stil in the clear while Scott Co Sheriff is E. The Dispatch for Davenport & Bettendorf PD is in the clear while the mobile side is E.

Status
Not open for further replies.