Question about BC296D

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

I didn't want to hijack someone elses thread so I made my own . I got a question about useing the butell software. I figured out how to go on the rr data base , using the software. And I got everything I wanted to put into the radio on the program but I dont know what to do next. Far as setting the com port and making sure I got every thing correct Ect..... can some one be willing to walk me through this by phone conversation or yahoo messenger I have free long distance and I will call if there is a problem just pm me.
If prefered by yahoo instant messenger pm me as well for my user name THANKS

bdshayne

You should be able to set your comm port baud rate on your scanner by hitting "Menu", then choosing 3:System Option, then 5:pC Control. Baud rate settings should be under this menu.

Note: I am referring to the BC296D manual, as I don't actually own one.

lugoffman

Ok I figured it out on how to get it to work it was my com. port setting I had it wrong Lol!!
Now I got another question I'm tring to set my radio up for traveling , like when I go to Richland county or Chesterfield county and I want to listen to my home town area and I would like to program air frequencys as well . i'm having trouble on deciding what way to program it cause I want to put just my local channells in one bank and then put hwy patrol in another bank and other countys in seperate banks. But I can only put a certain amount of talk groups in for the hwy patroll and I dont want to put the hwy patroll in with my local channel, bank cause it will tie up hearing my local channel. Now is there a way to do this with out putting them in every bank ? or if I do put the hwy patrol in with my local bank , and lets say I dont want to monitor hwy patrol , somthing is going on in my home town and I want to listen in on it, can I block hwy from being heard untill I am ready to monitor them again

bdshayne

This is all a matter of choice. For example, I always listen to Baltimore PD, but I find the voice traffic for the whole city to be a bit overwhelming. I assigned each district a bank and then I only activate the banks that I want to listen to.

As for the highway patrol taking up more talk groups than fit in a bank, you can give the highway patrol two banks and only activate them when you want to listen to them.

lugoffman

bdshayne said:
This is all a matter of choice. For example, I always listen to Baltimore PD, but I find the voice traffic for the whole city to be a bit overwhelming. I assigned each district a bank and then I only activate the banks that I want to listen to.

As for the highway patrol taking up more talk groups than fit in a bank, you can give the highway patrol two banks and only activate them when you want to listen to them.

Ok what do I need to do to get both digital and trunk channels to work on the same bank? Or can I ? I have been reading but man is it confusing just when I think I got it I read on and it twist on me causing a big confusion and then I am stuck

bdshayne

We're reaching the extent of my knowledge here, but this is what I think:

You can add both your trunked and digital frequencies to the same bank, in your frequency list for the bank (I believe I use the same version of the Butel software as you -- ARC250 -- so I'm looking at my own software). When you upload the information from the software to your scanner your scanner should run through all of the frequencies in the list. It should be smart enough to tell one from the other.

lugoffman

bdshayne said:
We're reaching the extent of my knowledge here, but this is what I think:

You can add both your trunked and digital frequencies to the same bank, in your frequency list for the bank (I believe I use the same version of the Butel software as you -- ARC250 -- so I'm looking at my own software). When you upload the information from the software to your scanner your scanner should run through all of the frequencies in the list. It should be smart enough to tell one from the other.
I got that program to work and retrieve information from the rr data base, but I cant get it to up load to the scanner, I think I didnt down load somthing right but, I got this other program from uniden .com and it works, as far as getting information from the scanner, But will not retrieve info from the rr data base. I haven't tried to take information and put it on the scanner, but any ways what type of requirements do I need to get this thing to work using the butel program.? I like how that program is set up but can't get it to work

Last edited:

lugoffman

When I use the program I click on the icon on my desk top and a message pops up saying new version detected, please re-enter a valid registration code I never got a registration code for this it says I got a free trial do I need to worry about this also when I click on the icon from the butel program,(send data to scanner ) a box pops up telling me to check my com.port were do I check the com port at on the program I know how to do it on the scanner but can't find no were on the program were to check the comport on the program
any ideas

lugoffman

lugoffman said:
When I use the program I click on the icon on my desk top and a message pops up saying new version detected, please re-enter a valid registration code I never got a registration code for this it says I got a free trial do I need to worry about this also when I click on the icon from the butel program,(send data to scanner ) a box pops up telling me to check my com.port were do I check the com port at on the program I know how to do it on the scanner but can't find no were on the program were to check the comport on the program
any ideas

Never mind i just figured it out THANKS

lugoffman

Does anyone know when useing the butel software ,and going through the software to the R.R Data base and putting frequencys in ,does it automaticly set your pl tones and digital pl tones and set the frequency to the right digital consept it needs to be ? If not can some one send me a file from the butel program for the columbia SC area thats got digital stuff on it so I can get a idea on how to set everything up?? THANKS---- Jason

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
lugoff your much better bet for finding an ARC250 file for your area is the SC forum

73 Mik

lugoffman

ka3jjz said:
lugoff your much better bet for finding an ARC250 file for your area is the SC forum

73 Mik
I'm sorry I posted this in the wrong fourm I thought I was in the SC thread my bad !!! disregard I'm sorry .

Can this thread be moved to the SC fourm I messed up and thought I was in the SC fourm I'M sorry???

Last edited:

lugoffman

lugoffman said:
I'm sorry I posted this in the wrong fourm I thought I was in the SC thread my bad !!! disregard I'm sorry .

Can this thread be moved to the SC fourm I messed up and thought I was in the SC fourm I'M sorry???
Ok i got everything programed on the scanner with the software now can someone tell me why i still here the diesal noise when a digital TGID becomes active on the scanner I have tried to set the sound quality but cant get it to do nothing cause the transmition is to fast i guess or I'm not fast enough one of the two any ideas on what could be the problem ? the tgid is 63600 in the palm 800 in south carolina

lugoffman

lugoffman said:
Ok i got everything programed on the scanner with the software now can someone tell me why i still here the diesal noise when a digital TGID becomes active on the scanner I have tried to set the sound quality but cant get it to do nothing cause the transmition is to fast i guess or I'm not fast enough one of the two any ideas on what could be the problem ? the tgid is 63600 in the palm 800 in south carolina

Also does anyone know were I can get a beltclip for this radio ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.