Question about default systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

So with the x96XT units can you update and modify the default systems/factory programming that you can load on start up by holding down specific keys?

And does any of the 3rd party software have an automated way to update and change these default/factory systems that have been loaded?

I recall if you load the default/factory configuration it will delete your system configuration, but if these profiles are saved in some software, assume they can just be reprogrammed at a later date.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
From what I understand all of the factory pre-loaded systems are antiquated because of narrow-banding, re-banding or changing of systems. As such there really isn't much to be gained by hanging on to them.

The third party software, such as FreeScan, ARC-XT and ProScan all have the ability to "capture" the RR database and program the data to the scanners. However, they do not "look" at what your scanner has in it already and update it, if that is what you are asking.

My advice is to over-write the pre-loaded stuff since it is so out of date.

JamesO

From what I understand all of the factory pre-loaded systems are antiquated because of narrow-banding, re-banding or changing of systems. As such there really isn't much to be gained by hanging on to them.

The third party software, such as FreeScan, ARC-XT and ProScan all have the ability to "capture" the RR database and program the data to the scanners. However, they do not "look" at what your scanner has in it already and update it, if that is what you are asking.

My advice is to over-write the pre-loaded stuff since it is so out of date.

Thanks for the reply.

What I am specifically trying to figure out is if the end user/me can over write/update/edit the factory system load. This way I could have a default load that is more up to date if and when I choose to load it.

Might not be worth the effort, but thought it may come in useful at times if I am in a bind and I would have a different "profile" on tap.

If the factory/preload is hard coded in the firmware, then it is a moot point.

Just thought I would toss the question out there to see if someone had a firm and real world answer to this.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You could use a third party software to read/download from the scanner to the software and make whatever edits desired. After doing so, write/upload to the scanner and your changes will be made in the scanner.

However, I imagine that if you do a hard-reset of the scanner and answer Yes if you want to install the factory pre-loaded systems, that would overwrite what you have edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.