Question about NS TMR/MPSRN.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
Hi Folks,

I got my TMR config working finally, and was able to listen to a lot of the com's for the Tantallon Fire, but for some reason I was not hearing what is provided on the Nova Scotia Fire and EMS - Central feed, so what ever talk group was the main one (command channel?) for the fire, I can hear all the paging (not TMR) and whenever they switched off to an op's channel I could hear those, but not the main one.

Does anyone know what specific TG they were using? I have 90% of the TGs listed in the database here (Fire, EHS, DNR, Feds, HFX Fire etc) and I assume it must be one of those, but maybe not? Or maybe the one they were using is encrypted, and the feed provider has a radio that can decrypt it?

I am currently receiving from the towers/sites in Dartmouth or Preston, would that make a difference in what TGs I would hear? I wouldn't think so given that I could hear other ops channels (TGs) that were working in Tantallon/Hammonds Plains.

TIA

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
A lot of the comm's were taking place on a wide variety of talkgroups including Provincial Ops, HRM Ops, Mutual Aid, DNR Ops, and DNR-VFD Interop. Some of these channels were even patched together and at one point or another even the two common talkgroups were being used. There was a lot going on at once.

If a radio on the system is not affiliated with a site you're monitoring then you will not hear the radio traffic.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
Alot of the comms were taking place on a wide variety of talkgroups including provincial ops, HRM ops, mutual aid, DNR ops, and DNR-VFD interop. Some of these channels were even patched together and at one point or another even the 2 common talkgroups were being used. There was a lot going on at once.
Thanks again Daniel, I must have missed the common channels or something. Back to the database I go. :)
If a radio on the system is not affiliated with a site you're monitoring then you will not hear the radio traffic.
I guess that explains why I was hearing some units and not others on differing Ops channels. It would have been Dartmouth/Preston and surrounding guys I was hearing, presumably.

ve1sef

Re: the scanner feed. Depending were the scanner receiving "Central NS" is located, determines what TMR sites it picks up.
For example if it's located in Milford, it'll only receive the TMR sites in range. Which in turn determine what talk groups it will
"hear"

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
Re: the scanner feed. Depending were the scanner receiving "Central NS" is located, determines what TMR sites it picks up.
For example if it's located in Milford, it'll only receive the TMR sites in range. Which in turn determine what talk groups it will
"hear"
Makes sense, thanks for the clarification!

Now I need to get an antenna outside so I can get more than the one site.

VO1GXG

Geizer's Hill, Sackville & Maritime Center are very high volume sites. Most of the talkgroups in use in the HRM will be through these sites. When I was monitoring for the fires, Geizer's was passing every talkgroup in use.