Question about scanning fire and Dupage County Sheriff etc ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

allen75

Well I have been away from scanning for a while after my Pro 97 was stolen a few years back ( bummer ) and even than I was still a newbie/novice .... I once again have a Pro 97 and was browsing the database for Dupage County etc ... I live in Willowbrook and am confused when looking at all the frequencies for County Sheriffs, State Police etc ... I am not talking mostly like the convential ones ... For example when wanting to listen or hear action for the Dupage County Police which frequency do you enter there are soooo many from car to car / dispatch / tactical etc etc ... Another question I have is about ISPERN is that still up and do you get most of the dispatch action there? I am sorry about all the questions but if anyone is in the Willowbrook area and would ever wanna grab a bite to eat (my treat) and help me program or suggest intresting things to listen to I would apreciate it, I would also pay you for your programming help, hope that doesnt seem to desparate lol! Well thanks again
Allen

jamesa53

Monitoring DuPage County

Hi:

I have a friend who lives in Naperville so I too am interested in DuPage County, but I live in S. Indiana.

In looking at the RR database for Willowbrook, looks like the police and fire are still on conventional freqs. Generally if you select the Dispatch channel you will hear 99% of all traffic. It didnt appear that there were that many talkgroups on either police or fire.

The state police currently use Starcom 21 which is a digital trunked system so an analog trunking scanner wont be able to receive it. DuPage is moving to an APCO 25 trunked system called DuComm but are apparently not using it yet.

Also search within the Illinois forum on CARMAChicago, these guys should be able to help you.Theres lots of knowledge there.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
DuPage County Database Page

Just wanted to clear up an item from the above post. As the DuPage County, Illinois (IL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference database page shows, DU-COMM is a consolidated dispatch center that serves 28 fire and police agencies. The poster might be referring to the APCO P25 Phase II Motorola 700 MHz trunked system (possibly called DWIN or DIRS) that is being built by the DuPage County Emergency Telephone System Board (ETSB).

I've recently taken on the duties of database administrator for the above page. The main page contains frequencies for public safety, hospitals, schools and colleges. At the bottom is a link to another page containing containing frequencies for county businesses, attractions and recreation. I'd appreciate any corrections or additions users might have for either of these pages - this can be done via the "Submit" link near the upper left corner of each page. There is also a DuPage County wiki page DuPage County (IL) - The RadioReference Wiki where users can submit maps, codes, details and links for public safety agencies.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi:

I have a friend who lives in Naperville so I too am interested in DuPage County, but I live in S. Indiana.

In looking at the RR database for Willowbrook, looks like the police and fire are still on conventional freqs. Generally if you select the Dispatch channel you will hear 99% of all traffic. It didnt appear that there were that many talkgroups on either police or fire.

The state police currently use Starcom 21 which is a digital trunked system so an analog trunking scanner wont be able to receive it. DuPage is moving to an APCO 25 trunked system called DuComm but are apparently not using it yet.

Also search within the Illinois forum on CARMAChicago, these guys should be able to help you.Theres lots of knowledge there.

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Allen...I don't know if this is any help, but a while back I lost the Cook County Sheriff's Department. I did some research and was told that Cook County Sheriff went to a strictly encrypted signal...and we will not hear any of it.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.