question re: MSWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahct

Premium Subscriber
I can pick up highway patrol, florence, richland, flowood, pearl, madison, ridgeland, simpson co., ross barnett, rankin county fire, some other state agencies (MDOT, etc), but cannot seem to hear anything from Byram, Jackson (assuming they are already on), Hinds County, or Clinton. Any suggestions?

Uniden (396-xt i believe).

I am in Clinton.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Byram runs TDMA (Phase II) on most TGs. Currently JPD, HCSO, HCEOC, CPD, and CFD run FDMA (Phase I)... But that WILL change very soon once the conversion is finished. ALL agencies must transition to TDMA by 2020 per MWCC. Only FDMA allowed will be special events and special interop uses. MWCC even has MHP Techs doing the reprogramming, yanking/replacing of radios for the other State agencies, and MHP should be converting over in the near future themselves.

shfd7

all?

Excuse the dumb question here. You said all agencies must convert to TDMA by 2020 per MWCC. Does that mean all in the state will be on MSWIN by then or all that are using FDMA must go to TDMA?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
All agencies using the MSWIN must switch to Phase II TDMA by 2020. MSWIN will be an Phase II only system except for special event/interop one offs. This was the plan from the get go, and now that the official announcement has been put out by MWCC that TDMA use has begun, everyone must transition to TDMA. MHP is the primary agency doing coordination of transition to Phase II Operations. Which is ironic as they are not using TDMA themselves yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.