Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

garn

I'm in Ankeny and have a Radio Shack PRO-2018 200 channel scanner. Here lately, whenever I extend the attenna to full height, or even half height, the NWS and their radio broadcast overtakes every frequency that I have programmed into the scanner.

I would love to know what is causing this and what I can do to prevent it.

TIA.

Jason

mikeydcg2003

What side of ankeny do you live on? If you live on the North side you are that much closer to the transmitter which is located in Allemen on the KCCI Channel 8 TV tower. You might try pointing your antenna away from that direction and see what happens. BTW Welcome to Radiorefrence!!

garn

What side of ankeny do you live on? If you live on the North side you are that much closer to the transmitter which is located in Allemen on the KCCI Channel 8 TV tower. You might try pointing your antenna away from that direction and see what happens. BTW Welcome to Radiorefrence!!

I never thought about the transmitter thing, I know living on the north side of town and being so close to the radio towers that it plays havoc with radio reception. The scanner sits on a end table in front of a south window. Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I never thought about the transmitter thing, I know living on the north side of town and being so close to the radio towers that it plays havoc with radio reception. The scanner sits on a end table in front of a south window. Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

Hey hey... Welcome

You could try attatching a different antenna to the BNC port on the back...

What are you trying to listen to?

garn

Hey hey... Welcome

You could try attatching a different antenna to the BNC port on the back...

What are you trying to listen to?

Thanks for the welcome, i've discovered that if I keep the attenna a little below half extended and keep the squelch at a particular setting, this will elimante the NWS bleed over and i'm still able to hear all of my programmed frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.