Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkhopm

Sorry if this isn't the correct area to ask but what equiptment is required to get your front head lights to flash like the cop cars? Where might one find it as well.

oceans777

Listener
I use a complex series of pulleys and string to pull large pieces of rectangular black cardboard up and down over the headlights. In alternating jerks of course.

Once you've mastered the timing and also, steering with your knees, why not add an impressive police siren to the show? Simply lower window, extend head outward and yell in loud whooping tone.

Just watch those stupid citizens get out of your way...

Last edited:

CVPI4Ever

Yes, perhaps you can provide information as to why you are seeking the equipment?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I can already see this thread is gonna end well :D
What is that I see??? A possible lock in the near future??? :cool:

oceans777

Listener
Say, you fellas wouldn't happen to know where I left my handcuffs and Highway Patrol motorcycle would you? I swear they were just here a minute ago.
Wonder where I can get new ones? Not so much the bike but they just hate when we lose those official handcuffs..

Just remember - it's not really a date if she's in the trunk...

That was wrong, yes? I went too far? Sorry. I'm done.

Last edited:

scanner231

whats wrong with people

what happened to people helping people or answering a question without treating someone like crap? why are people like that on here? if you dont know how to answer a question correctly why treat a guy like crap? so the guy wants flashing lights does it hurt you guys that bad to give him the correct answer? heck ive seen those on show cars...oh my i better tell them its a no no! yeah whatever.....its no wonder all the threads are going to heck....so is the hobby i guess all these guys wanted was a little help on these threads...its really sad all the adults on here treat this hobby the way they do

M

mpg0515

scanner231 said:
what happened to people helping people or answering a question without treating someone like crap? why are people like that on here? if you dont know how to answer a question correctly why treat a guy like crap? so the guy wants flashing lights does it hurt you guys that bad to give him the correct answer? heck ive seen those on show cars...oh my i better tell them its a no no! yeah whatever.....its no wonder all the threads are going to heck....so is the hobby i guess all these guys wanted was a little help on these threads...its really sad all the adults on here treat this hobby the way they do

Because there are sick wackos out there that try to pull people over.... Would you want to be pulled over by someone like him? Possibly get shot, raped, or worse? If he is not in law enforcement, then he has no business getting "flashing lights". If he were a real cop, as mentioned before, then his department would be able to do this for him or tell him were to buy. End of story..........

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
I have to agree with mpg0515. Having been in public safety for nearly 15 years, I can assure you that anyone who needs flashing headlights would have the means to go about getting them. Coming to a scanner board just doesn't seem legit for most folks (including me...).

M

mpg0515

I just thought I would add in before this thread gets closed..... Colorado has a law that makes it a felony for anyone impersonating a police officer either by car or uniform. It is called the Lacy Miller Law. Some dumbass impersonated a police officer, pulled her over and later killed her. (http://www.crossroadssafehouse.org/LacysAbout.htm) Although he is probably not in Colorado, I think that this should be a law everywhere.

M

mpg0515

Good luck, I'll look for you on the cover of the paper, in handcuffs..... Idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.