Quick Key Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Lots of nuances.

Am I correct in this:

If I assign a Quick Key to, e.g., a System, that System will Never be scanned until and unless
I press that Quick Key ?

Or, it it that it will be scanned normally, but pressing the key has the scanner go there and be
locked to that System until the key is pressed again ?

Or,...?

Thanks,
Bob

rbm

System Quick Keys toggle.

Hit it once, it's on. (If it was off to begin with.)

Hit it again, it's off.

You can hit a series of SQK's to turn on any combination of systems.

When I program my scanners, ALL SQK's are off to begin with, and then I just turn on the ones I want.
That beats trying to turn off 99 systems if I only want to listen to one.

Rich

troymail

Silent Key
...and, you can assign quick keys to favorites lists, systems, sites, and departments....

If programmed, they toggle those things ON or OFF in various combinations.

Completely separate from that, the radio will hold on a system, department (or site), or channel with the buttons labeled as such.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Here's another nuance for you:

When you set up your Favorites List in Favorites List Editor (Sentinel), go to the System Quick Keys tab and you can check (on) or uncheck (off) the boxes for the corresponding system(s), which determines the status of that system when you turn the scanner (and that FL) on. All boxes are checked (all systems ON) by default.

So if you always want to monitor Systems 0, 1, 2, 4, & 10 in your Favorites List, you would make sure those boxes are checked. If you have systems assigned to QK's 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 but you don't want those to be active when you turn on the scanner/list, uncheck those boxes; then when you want to monitor those systems, you just turn them on using the QK. (.03 E)

BOBRR

QK Followup

Hi,

Thanks for help, and putting up with my questions.

If I want to go to a particular site/channel/frequency in a System via a QK, and I assign a QK No. 1 to it, e.g., do I ALSO have to assign a QK to its System too ?

Bob

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you are asking/stating that you want to "jump" to a single particular channel/frequency, such as "Police X", There is a whole different process for that. It is called "Number Tag".

To set up Number Tagging, you have to give each Favorites List and System a Number Tag. For simplicity, I use a Favorites List Quick Key number as the FL Number Tag. Same for System - the System's QK is used as the System Number Tag.

Lastly you have to assign those channels you anticipate "jumping to" their own Channel Number Tag. (You don't have to number tag all channels, just those you'd want to jump to.

The key press sequency to jump to a specific channel is Channel, FL Number Tag, System Number Tag, Channel Number Tag, Channel.

So for Channel 21 (my Police 1) in Favorites List 1, System 0 I press:

Channel (This stops scanning)
1.0.21 (This tells the scanner which channel I want - don't miss periods they are part of that channel's "address")
Channel (This tells the scanner to go to that channel)

Status
Not open for further replies.