R&L Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else had major issues with R&L Electronics???

That company is about as worthless as they come.

I ordered a antenna 4 weeks ago. I was advised that the antenna was on back order via email.
I responded no problem no hurry. The guy was very nice and stated that he would notify me via email
when the antenna was back in stock.
Exactly one week later I received an email stating that the antenna was back in stock and was being shipped the next day. I responded via email and everything was good to go.
A week goes by and no antenna. I send an email requesting the tracking number, and I didn't get a response for 3 days. I call and the ediot on the phone states that the antenna wasn't in stock.
I told him that I received an email over a week ago stating that the antenna was in and it was shipping.
After being on hold for 15 min he came back on the line and asked me if I STILL WANTED THE ANTENNA.
I was so mad I couldn't see straight. I asked him why he was asking me if I still wanted the antenna.
He said WE ALWAYS PUT A HOLD ON BACKORDERED PRODUCTS.
I said if I didn't want to wait I would have cancelled the order. I can lose my cool when dealing with stupid people, but I was very nice. He was very rude, and it was obvious that he could care less.
He said the antenna WAS in stock and it was going to ship out UPS the next day.
The next day I receive a UPS tracking number that states my package is being shipped.
As I tracked the package I see that it's enroute to PA not Indiana where I live.
I waited the 3 days just to watch the package being tracked. After the package status was showing delivered I called them asking for the proper tracking number.
When the $6.00 an hour girl answered the phone she told me that my account had been deleted, and I was no longer allowed to do business with R&L Electronics.

WOW, it's hard to believe that they are still in business.

Any other stories??

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
WOW Thanks for the heads up on this company!!
Customer service is the name of the game online.....I don't think they will be in business very long treating customers like that!!

maalox

shipping takes to long. i ordered a pair of speakers took a week to arrive.....

I've ordered lots of stuff from them over the years and have NEVER had a bad experience ! in fact, i consider them EXCELLENT and are my FIRST CHOICE in ordering !!

all of my orders have been QUICK and CORRECT....in fact they've always shipped the SAME DAY !

and the person on the phone has been VERY HELPFUL....even sugesting some alternatives that worked out better pricewise !!

R&L still gets my thumbs up vote !

Barefootdipole

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Ordering hamstuff

Most of the stuff I have bought over the phone has been from Gigaparts. A few from AES.
I have bought a radio from R&L at the Maumee, Ohio swap, but never over the phone or on-line.
Gigaparts seems to always have the best price, AES seems to always be the quickest.
So that's my two cents.

scansalot52

R&L Good

A few years ago, I purchased a radio from an Indiana firm (The Ham Station). Unpacked it and all was good. While setting it up, it failed. That company refused to get me another. (I don't think I spoke with Jeff who is on here.) They were kind enough to refund the price of the radio while I had to pay for shipping both ways.

I wanted to support an Indiana company however, I called R&L and had the same model shipped to me. They were very helpful with selecting an attenna. I am still using that setup today.

I later wanted a handheld. I called R&L, gave them the information to see if they had the items in stock. I took a road trip and had all the items the same day.

You can have a bad experience anywhere. You can have a good expience anywhere.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
When I got my ham ticket in November and ordered by first transceiver and was getting ready for a mobile install, I called HRO to get my equipment ordered (can't remember which HRO it was, there aren't any near me). I was a new ham and I thought calling in the order would be more helpful so I can talk to a sales rep and get some help on everything I needed. The sales rep was not rude, but not very nice either. I guess the best way to put it was that he was impatient. I don't think I was a total tool when I was talking to him trying to get stuff ordered and it didn't even take me that long either.

I have done most of my ordering from Gigaparts online since then. I am contemplating getting a new transceiver soon (depending on how badly the IRS kills me on my taxes this year...) and will probably call Gigaparts to order. I think they almost always have the best deals, their website is easy to navigate (way better website than HRO), quick shipping, and I haven't been burned yet.

I can't believe R&L said you were no longer allowed to do business with them. Speaks volumes about the company.

Hoofy

I've ordered lots of stuff from them over the years and have NEVER had a bad experience ! in fact, i consider them EXCELLENT and are my FIRST CHOICE in ordering !!

all of my orders have been QUICK and CORRECT....in fact they've always shipped the SAME DAY !

and the person on the phone has been VERY HELPFUL....even sugesting some alternatives that worked out better pricewise !!

Barefootdipole

I concur with barefootdipole..............

Hooligan

Over the past 2 decades I've ordered a couple thousand $$ worth of stuff from R+L Electronics over the phone & never had a problem with them either.

Just as it's an individual's right to cancel an order & bad-mouth them, it's a business's right to refuse to attempt a sale with someone they've had a major unpleasant experience with.

ve2jka

Hi, I have purchased tons of products from R&L my personal experience is a 5/5.

Excellent Prices quick shipping and I am in Canada.. No complaints here.

Bill_White

I've ordered lots of stuff from them over the years and have NEVER had a bad experience !
in fact, i consider them EXCELLENT and are my FIRST CHOICE in ordering !!

all of my orders have been QUICK and CORRECT....
in fact they've always shipped the SAME DAY !

and the person on the phone has been VERY HELPFUL....
even sugesting some alternatives that worked out better pricewise !!

Barefootdipole

Same here. Good people in my book.

rico47635

Hmmmmm. I've ordered from R&L once. I didn't have any problems with the guy on the phone or with the shipment. I don't care for how they've got their site set up, but I always include them when I am shopping around for ham products. Whoever has the best overall price usually gets my business. Some of these guys have a lower price for the items, but a higher price for shipping, which ends up being a higher overall total.

stevolene

bought a small kb3 scanner antenna from them once, took about 2 weeks to arrive, otherwise no problems, so far Ive only bought high dollar items from gigaparts, so far so good, just ordered another ft7800 from them today, keeping my fingers crossed

K

kb0nly

I have had nothing but the best luck with R&L. Whenever i'm going to buy something i check them first as they are usually the lowest price and shipping is always fair and reasonable.

I have ordered probably 600+ ft of coax from them for my two towers, all my lightning arrestors, three vertical antennas, two FT-7800's, a FT-60.. Hmm what else, i have ordered so much from them over the years i lose track. Probably somewhere on the order of four dozen PL-259's, they carry a good quality silver plated connector with teflon insulator that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.

I have never had any problems with them at all, place the order on their website and its here in 3-5 days tops. Usually quicker then i'm expecting.

setterpt

R&L has been absolutely perfect in my book. Very helpful, caring people. Will usually order from them, if not Universal Radio or AES.

Taloniilm

Satisfied R&L Customer

R&L is also my first choice when ordering radio stuff. Good service, fair prices = happy customer !

Status
Not open for further replies.