Radio Commander for the PRO-2052 and other software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE7TJK

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone use this software?

I downloaded it and a patch, set it up, and when my scanner stops on a freq, the software shows an error message, and locks up.

The email address to the programmer is dead, so I'm lost.

Any ideas?

Also, some recommendations on what others are using would be appreciated. I don't want to spend much money, but something that is reasonably priced is OK. I have looked here on the PRO-2052 wiki page; that is where I got the radio Commander link.

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The wiki page also shows what is generally considered the best of the bunch; Scan Control. Support is terrific, they just added programming support for the 296 and 396 (with control and logging coming) and much more.
The problem with some of that older software is that the 2052 underwent a firmware change a while back, and the software doesn't work well with some of the new commands. I probably should drop ScanPro and Radio Commander's links, to be honest. I don't know of anyone that has used either, and liked them very much. 73s Mike

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Code , I ran ScanCat Gold SE with a 2052 with no problems, firmware on that one was the latest one also....real fast and only had to change the timing a little , of course it's going to be different with other pc's but I was running Win XP also....ok?

KE7TJK

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

I'm trying the trial version of Scan Control.

I'll probably purchase the full version. I like it.

I'll try the trial of Scancat Gold before I make a decision. I have used Jim's software in the past, and liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.