Radio shack pro-2096

tvengr

Well Known Member
Which agencies and systems do you have programmed? Did you program the scanner manually or use software? If you used ARC96, please attach your programming file so I can take a look at it. You will need to zip the file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file. On which frequencies are you hearing the static? If it is 460.550, the sheriff is P25 digital and needs to be programmed as such.

wtp

i have and old pro2001 that has started that.
it scans with static no matter what the squelch is set to and even with the weather channel in it.
it does seem to come around when the weather is cooler.
so i suspect a bad part, just have not had the time to start spot freezing it.

Scanman72

Premium Subscriber
I had the same scanner once before with no issues. It was easy to program manually. When I received this one it had a odor omitting out of it.

moonbounce

Radio shack pro-2096 question. Hi everyone i just bought a radio shack pro-2096 scanner on eBay. The scanner is omitting a strange odor and when I programmed the scanner when it stops on the frequency all I hear is static. Any idea what is wrong.
Sounds like your squelch and volume control could use a cleaning, see if you can get some alcohol inside the controls it might help.