• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Radio ID info?

lookforthe1

theres a way if u export the codeplug into excel and input them in the exact same way its shown and import it .... but to have it pulled ota i assume prob not

Asunakiyori

Lurker
theres a way if u export the codeplug into excel and input them in the exact same way its shown and import it .... but to have it pulled ota i assume prob not
Well the export I knew, but I'm saying if the Radio has 0 ID's currently in my CP and I'm building a Call list so i stop seeing the Radio ID of that radio and can Positively ID the Unit I don't the systems Master Radio ID list

lookforthe1

Well the export I knew, but I'm saying if the Radio has 0 ID's currently in my CP and I'm building a Call list so i stop seeing the Radio ID of that radio and can Positively ID the Unit I don't the systems Master Radio ID list
so u want it to auto generate a list then?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

Even using logging software, it will not identify the user, only the RID. You will need to do it the old fashioned way, listening to them.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Even using logging software, it will not identify the user, only the RID. You will need to do it the old fashioned way, listening to them.

Noteworthy that the more recent versions of DSDPlus will actually track over the air radio aliases on Harris systems, where such a thing exists. Works well on one of my local systems!

Otherwise, Raleigh is spot on.

Asunakiyori

Lurker
Noteworthy that the more recent versions of DSDPlus will actually track over the air radio aliases on Harris systems, where such a thing exists. Works well on one of my local systems!
I'll keep that in mind if something in my area uses a Harris system. im like 99% sure Starcom 21 Northwest Central Dispatch is using moto. and I'm just tracing down what radio is to what FD rig

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On another note..... is a list of Radio ID's something some one would want on here and is there a place to post it?

They are always useful, and they would be posted in the RR Wiki under the state/county/city, however I would caution you not to post identifying information (which often changes) of officers/first responders for safety reasons. You can say ABC Police or DEF Investigator but it is recommended for safety reasons you don't post Unit 1A23 Donald Duck XYZ Police Dept.

As a side note, I have a list of county and state RIDs from their systems that I like to use to see what agencies are on encrypted TGs around my area.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

Otherwise, Raleigh is spot on.

Also works on some NXDN systems, like our state prison radios.

Asunakiyori

Lurker
They are always useful, and they would be posted in the RR Wiki under the state/county/city, however I would caution you not to post identifying information (which often changes) of officers/first responders for safety reasons. You can say ABC Police or DEF Investigator but it is recommended for safety reasons you don't post Unit 1A23 Donald Duck XYZ Police Dept.
no no no just RID - 433244 -engine 43 type stuff nothing down to the name gods no. i just got tired of seeing RID