Radio IDs

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone. Does anybody know the hex/dec unit IDs for Monarch fire house 4 ambulance and ladder truck? I know ambulance is 2247 and ladder is what 22?? My Uniden sds100 is able to have aliases for unit ids and decode them by hex/dec ids. TIA

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if any rid's from the system are listed but rid's for many other systems are listed in the Wiki

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if any rid's from the system are listed but rid's for many other systems are listed in the Wiki
I checked and thats not what i was looking for. I meant their id numbers that pop up on like a radio to tell you whos calling. It doesnt display 2247. It says some other #s in hex/dec format for unit/apparatus and i can make that say for the alias 2247. Etc.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Radio Reference doesn't have this info anywhere other than listed as text in the wiki for the system.

btw - I have never seen these values expressed as a hex value, only decimal. Maybe they are hex on some equipment ... ?

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Radio Reference doesn't have this info anywhere other than listed as text in the wiki for the system.

btw - I have never seen these values expressed as a hex value, only decimal. Maybe they are hex on some equipment ... ?
Yeah my uniden sds100 has a choice between hex and dec. Most uniden scanners should have that that do p25 800mhz systems. My older 396xt does it too.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I checked and thats not what i was looking for.

I meant their id numbers that pop up on like a radio to tell you whos calling. It doesnt display 2247. It says some other #s in hex/dec format for unit/apparatus and i can make that say for the alias 2247.

Quite aware what a rid is as I have been logging and assigning aliases for many years.

If 2247 is the rid/uid of the radio, that's the number you add to your scanner and assign the alias to.

If 2247 is what the units calls themselves on the air, (the alias you want) then the hex/dec number that comes up on the scanner is what you enter and assign the alias to.

I suggested the wiki as there are systems in there with uni/rid info. If you don't see your system in either of theses two searches, then its possible nobody has created a list. That info is all user submitted and quite tedious to maintain. If these searches yield nothing, try searching the name of the system or agency in the wiki.

rid wiki search Search results for "rid" - The RadioReference Wiki

uid wiki search Search results for "uid" - The RadioReference Wiki

If there is nothing at all, you will have to do as the rest of us do and log the radio id's displayed on the screen and create aliases. @ProScan does logging and recording and is great for this task.

firebell9137

Premium Subscriber
Quite aware what a rid is as I have been logging and assigning aliases for many years.

If 2247 is the rid/uid of the radio, that's the number you add to your scanner and assign the alias to.

If 2247 is what the units calls themselves on the air, (the alias you want) then the hex/dec number that comes up on the scanner is what you enter and assign the alias to.

I suggested the wiki as there are systems in there with uni/rid info. If you don't see your system in either of theses two searches, then its possible nobody has created a list. That info is all user submitted and quite tedious to maintain. If these searches yield nothing, try searching the name of the system or agency in the wiki.

rid wiki search Search results for "rid" - The RadioReference Wiki

uid wiki search Search results for "uid" - The RadioReference Wiki

If there is nothing at all, you will have to do as the rest of us do and log the radio id's displayed on the screen and create aliases. @ProScan does logging and recording and is great for this task.
Ok thanks.