Radio Shack GRE 20-047 Programming Cable on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
To follow up - we're trying to document the PRO scanners that do need the pigtail on the USB cable, and those that don't, here...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

Please feel free to edit/correct as necessary 73 Mike

I know the pro-83/84 does and so does the PRO-92 B, I don't know about the original Pro-92 or 92 A models. Someone keeps changing my input in the wiki

DonS

The PRO-92B does not require it. If yours does, something is physically wrong with the scanner's jack.

No GRE-made PRO-xx scanner, starting with the original PRO-92, requires the mono adapter.

SCPD

QRT
The PRO-92B does not require it. If yours does, something is physically wrong with the scanner's jack.

No GRE-made PRO-xx scanner, starting with the original PRO-92, requires the mono adapter.

You are correct. I just verified it with the 92B A long time ago when I bought the cable I guess I used the mono adaptor with the radio. I can use the monoadaptor to download and upload from the radio, but it is not needed. My apologies.

jamesa53

The PRO-162 does not use the stereo to mono adapter. I tried to edit the Wiki but was afraid I would mess it up LOL

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
easily tended to. Thanks for that - this means we only have a few more scanners to go. It seems that except for a very few models, the stereo-mono adapter isn't required. 73 Mike

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-92B does NOT need pigtail

I know the pro-83/84 does and so does the PRO-92 B, I don't know about the original Pro-92 or 92 A models. Someone keeps changing my input in the wiki
The PRO-92 of any flavor (non, A or B) do NOT need the pigtail.

When I bought my 20-047 cable, it was $19.95. I thought that was pricey. I guess they are putting it on sale for $24.99 because they can't sell them at $34.99. They'd certainly sell more if this cable was back to its original price. Then engineering is done and paid for, no need to be greedy.

Last edited:

y10kiscoming

Premium Subscriber
I noticed on the Wiki that the PRO-79 and PRO-89 scanners had no YES/NO listed, so I did tests on my own and they both require the pigtail (they are extremely similar). I have updated the Wiki to show this.

jaytee607

Pro-160

I too was afraid to mess up Wiki. I have the pro-160 and it does NOT need the pigtail
that comes with the R.S. cable !

jaytee607

Pro-160 Updated On Wiki

I just updated the Wiki page to show the pro-160 does not use the pigtail !

Oldglide

The cable was on sale last week

Where were you guys, I posted that the cable was on sale, here and on the GRE forum, last week for $19.95 and the sale ended last Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.