Radio Shack Pro-197 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomad66

I just received a Pro-197 as a gift and I am experiencing what seems like interference. I have only programed 3 CONV freq.so far. One is in the 460mhz band and works and scans fine. The other 2 are in the 154-155mhz band and although I can receive traffic fine, they lock up when scanning with a strong signal with no traffic. The unit is located in a room with 2 computers networked thru a wired router connected to a cable modem and 2 cordless telephones. I can use an old Pro-2004 with absolutely no problems and an old Pro-33 handheld that works fairly well.

Can anyone suggest what may be interfering with the Pro-197 and any suggestions on how to fix this? I would like to keep it in the same room, but an external antenna is not really an option at this time.

Many Thanks

mciupa

Hi nomad66 welcome to RadioReference :)

Can you attenuate those two freq's only in your memory ?

Other than that, it will have to be trial and error by moving things around (where reasonably possible) to solve this lock-up issue. :(

nomad66

Thanks for the reply and welcome. I have tried the attenuator and it didn't make any difference as the interference is so strong it pegs the signal strength meter. I think I have narrowed the interference down to my DLink DI-604 wired router. I may have another router that is both wired and wireless that I can try.

nomad66

Update,

Just thought I'd post my results in fixing the interference problem in case anyone else comes across this issue, I replaced the DLink DI-604 with a Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless G Router and the interference dropped quite a bit allowing me to get rid of it by turning the squelch up just a bit. I'm nit sure if the interference was coming from the router itself or it's power supply, anyway the problem is solved.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
That's an odd one for the books. I'm glad you were able to catch and kill that one.

And welcome to Raioreference.

Status
Not open for further replies.