Radio shack pro-2051 question

Scanman72

Premium Subscriber
I have a radio shack pro-2051 scanner when I turn the squelch all the way down it still makes a static noise. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have a radio shack pro-2051 scanner when I turn the squelch all the way down it still makes a static noise. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong.
Do you still hear RF noise with the squelch all of the way up? You should hear RF noise on conventional frequencies without a PL tone with squelch all of the way down (open). What are you monitoring when you hear the noise? You may be trying to monitor a digital frequency with an analog scanner.

Scanman72

Premium Subscriber
Do you still hear RF noise with the squelch all of the way up? You should hear RF noise on conventional frequencies without a PL tone with squelch all of the way down (open). What are you monitoring when you hear the noise? You may be trying to monitor a digital frequency with an analog scanner.
It doesn’t matter what frequency I’m on with the squelch way up or down I still hear the noise.

wtp

my 2001 is starting to do that.
does not matter where the squelch is or if it is on a working NOAA frequency, just static.
but at over 40 years old, it has done its time.
the only fix might be to freeze some parts to see what happens.
oh, and it keeps scanning.