question of feeds down

a727469

Premium Subscriber
No, RISCON is not powered by Broadcastify. Broadcastify is just the delivery platform for listening to the system. When a DEC talkgroup is blue in the database, that indicates that the talkgroup has been captured by the Broadcastify Calls platform in the last few hours. All Brocastify Calls nodes and traditional feeds are provided by volunteers (like me).

See this post from Lindsay Blanton on why a feed/calls node may be offline:
Why is this feed offline? Why did a feed get deleted? How do I report a problem?

It looks like RISCON is provided by 2 Nodes and they both havent seen activity for 1 day. For this issue, I recommend reporting this problem to the node owner to see if they can resolve the issue as explained in the post above.
could you private message me. It appears I cannot start one

a727469

Premium Subscriber
could you private message me. It appears I cannot start one
I know this is off topic, but nowhere else to reply. It seems like an honest request with no evil intent. Also my former comment about being very lazy was a true assessment in not looking up simulcast which I should have done and again not taking myself too seriously,(note the emoji) but I guess I will have to watch my humor. This is a rough audience.
Ok, it appears like those who reacted to these posts and myself are all in elementary school and you have a secret so maybe one or all of you could let me in on the joke either privately or here. I must be totally naive or stupid or both. You are all welcome to agree with that last sentence but a simple explanation for a simple mind would be appreciated so I can sit back and say “Thanks, I get it”!
Back on topic, I am glad the feed is back up and I will continue to offer my help, advice and experience to all those who might want it as I did in this post and many others.

bigbearman

Premium Subscriber
I know this is off topic, but nowhere else to reply. It seems like an honest request with no evil intent. Also my former comment about being very lazy was a true assessment in not looking up simulcast which I should have done and again not taking myself too seriously,(note the emoji) but I guess I will have to watch my humor. This is a rough audience.
Ok, it appears like those who reacted to these posts and myself are all in elementary school and you have a secret so maybe one or all of you could let me in on the joke either privately or here. I must be totally naive or stupid or both. You are all welcome to agree with that last sentence but a simple explanation for a simple mind would be appreciated so I can sit back and say “Thanks, I get it”!
Back on topic, I am glad the feed is back up and I will continue to offer my help, advice and experience to all those who might want it as I did in this post and many others.
First I want to thank you for being honest. Next if you look at it from my end, I had no idea how things worked on the Broadcastify/Radioreference/RISCON/ others. No clue there are Node owners that are volunteers, or even what a Node is. Finding out so much on this forum gave me hope about the system and how it works. With a little better understanding now as opposed to the other day, I am thankful there are so many talented folks out here. Thank you for the support.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the 2 who reacted.
A fact of life…In most conversations, the lack of response and silence is all one needs
to know.
Believe me , I know this is a very unimportant and minuscule concern over dislikes or responses etc.on my part. But there has been more than one time I have not received the courtesy of an answer or reply to a question or comment especially a private message.
I will now go elsewhere and react or comment positively, use appropriate humor, help where I can, try to continue to elevate this great hobby, hope to receive an answer to any honest questions I have, hope that people honestly explain and tell me “face to face” if I am in error and an idiot(I can take it!) and admit when and if I am wrong.
”A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.”

Everyone, enjoy the day and this hobby!📻👍😀