radio shacks website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hello, just wondering if anyone knows how accurate their "in stock" is? i was looking at the pro 84 scanner, the website has been saying this one store has it for over a month now, ive called every week and they said they dont have it. are they lying to me? or could the website be REALLY behind??

I was looking for the Pro-84 also. The website said there was one left at a nearby store.
When I went to the store, the clerk checked his computer and it showed one in stock. When he looked in the store and backroom he could not find it. He said it must have been stolen.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Learning about "in stock"

KC9GLG said:
I was looking for the Pro-84 also. The website said there was one left at a nearby store.
When I went to the store, the clerk checked his computer and it showed one in stock. When he looked in the store and backroom he could not find it. He said it must have been stolen.

Over the years I've learned to call the place and have them go physically find it and set it aside under my name.
Mostly used for auto parts but applies to things like this as well. Saves a trip.

caffman263

ScanTheFreqs said:
hello, just wondering if anyone knows how accurate their "in stock" is? i was looking at the pro 84 scanner, the website has been saying this one store has it for over a month now, ive called every week and they said they dont have it. are they lying to me? or could the website be REALLY behind??

Well, that model is discontinued (hence the low low price), so if you really want it, and there are none in your area, you can ask them if they could have their district office do a nationwide search, and then have it shipped to the store closest to you. I have done that for people on a few occasions. Might take some time, but if they're out there, most store managers should be happy to get rid of the depreciated value stock.. lol.

n0lqt

ScanTheFreqs said:

The on-line "in stock" indicator counts merchandise on-hand in the store (whether sellable or not, ie. customer return, not yet repaired, missing parts, etc.), items in repair but not in the store, and items in-transit to the store either from a warehouse or another store but not yet delivered or accepted at the store. So, yes, it is sometimes very likely that the "in-stock" indicator will be incorrect. Additionally, you may not have been the first one to notice that particular store has a hot item. Someone could have called 4 minutes before you did and ask that it be put aside with their name on it. The Associate is probably not going to tell you, "Yeah, I've got one, but a good customer called earlier today and asked that I hold it for them a couple of days until they can get in to pay for it....." It could also just be an inventory error. Sometimes when its 1 am and you're trying to finish that year-end inventory after a very long and hard Golden Quarter, it's easy to get a little punchie and the fingers can push the wrong button and the manger counts something they never had in the store.

As was mentioned earlier, call the store first. The phone number is right there on the "in-stock" page. But please don't ask to have it shipped to a store near you. If merchandise showed up at my store that I did not order, it got sent right back to the originating store. Too often a customer would see one of those disco/deval'd items that originally sold for $79.99 and was down to $9.97 and have it shipped to my store. Of course, the warehouse price I had to pay the other store was still $51.88 or the item would show up without half the items that were supposed to be in the box and the other store was just unloading it off their inventory.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.