Railroad channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
I've hit up all the WI scanning pages (that I know of) in search of the correct railroad channels for specific areas, but all I find are the general lists of all freqs assigned to a railroad.

What I'm looking for: Specific road/yard channels for the various subdivisions of UP, WC/CN, CP, WSOR etc in WI. It's been at least 10 years since I've had a scanner with the rail stuff in it, so I'm drawing a blank on most things.

Thanks in advance...

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
The link ( http://www.whrc-wi.org/railfreqs.htm ) hasn't been updated since 2004. Some of those railroad companies have been out of business or merged with others, so don't trust the data there without backup verification. The link Stateboy supplied seems to be more recent, but a couple active railroad companies in the north, central and eastern areas aren't listed at all. Merges do not necessarilly mean that the radio channel assignments are kept in place. Best way to get current data is to find the actual name of the company, locate their home office location and then do an FCC ULS database search for active licenses. Then, monitor those to see which are actually active in your area. A hassle, but probably accurate in the long run... unless they do not report a merge to the FCC... ? ? ?

I'm trying to get Wisconsin Central verification this week and also I have verified that the National Railroad Museum is on 160.63500 for maintenance and administration as well as 160.64500 for daily rolling stock excursion operations. These are already listed in the RR database in Brown County 'businesses'. If anyone in Calumet, Outagamie, Winnebago, Fond du Lac or Waushara counties monitors Wisconsin Central ROAD channels - please verify frequency in those counties. Might not be the same in all areas.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Verified that 160.335, 160.260 and 160.785 are all active for The Wisconsin Central Rail System in the east central part of the state. Anyone else heard additional channels in use for Wisconsin Central?

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
mkescan said:
Ask for info in scan-wis and I bet you will get some excellent answers to any questions you have about WI Railroads.
LOTS of Rail Fans in scan-wis
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Scan-Wis

Bringing the thread back from the dead...

I looked at the Scan-wis group, but I am not willing to provide the data they request for membership so that isn't going to happen.

So far, I seem to have sniffed out the current freq's and will compile them for submission to the RRdC database.

melb

stateboy said:
I looked at the Scan-wis group, but I am not willing to provide the data they request for membership so that isn't going to happen.

I agree, scan-wis wants to much information.

k9rzz

I agree. Just by typing my callsign here, I've given out more information out than they are asking for to join the group. I belong to several Yahoo radio groups and have experienced no problems.

John K9RZZ
Milwaukee

triryche

Premium Subscriber
Scan-wis is a confidential group. Membership information is strictly secure and known only by the owner and is used to screen applicants solely to avoid unwanted solicitors, spam bots, etc. from getting in the group. I generally don't respond to "no name annoymous" posters unless they are frequent visitors that contribute. I feel it is sort of rude to annoymously ask for information without at least prviding a first name and where you are anyway..

Anyone could easily find out who you are by IP tracking anyway :D

Status
Not open for further replies.