Randolph County

Chris0516

Premium Subscriber
I don't live in Randolph County, but. I like to hear what is going in the counties bordering my home county.

The RR Wiki says they are 100% VIPER. But, When going to there RR page, it mentions BOTH, VIPER, and Guilford County/Greensboro. So, The question becomes, which towers?

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
Most public safety in Randolph uses or has access to VIPER, and the four VIPER sites listed in the database (Asheboro DOT, Coleridge AAA, Shepherd Mtn, Staley). The town of Archdale sits in both Guilford and Randolph Counties. Archdale PD is encrypted and dispatched on Guilford/Greensboro P25 system, which is noted in the database. Guil-Rand (Guilford-Randolph) FD is in a similar situation. They can be dispatched by Guilford Metro or on VIPER, but primarily heard on VIPER since the majority of their district is in Randolph. Out of county towers might pick up Randolph VIPER traffic, depending on if a radio affiliates with that tower. The Davidson Simulcast cell and Cane Mtn towers come to mind to potentially affiliate with Randolph TGs.

Chris0516

Premium Subscriber
Most public safety in Randolph uses or has access to VIPER, and the four VIPER sites listed in the database (Asheboro DOT, Coleridge AAA, Shepherd Mtn, Staley). The town of Archdale sits in both Guilford and Randolph Counties. Archdale PD is encrypted and dispatched on Guilford/Greensboro P25 system, which is noted in the database. Guil-Rand (Guilford-Randolph) FD is in a similar situation. They can be dispatched by Guilford Metro or on VIPER, but primarily heard on VIPER since the majority of their district is in Randolph. Out of county towers might pick up Randolph VIPER traffic, depending on if a radio affiliates with that tower. The Davidson Simulcast cell and Cane Mtn towers come to mind to potentially affiliate with Randolph TGs.
Thank you for simplifying it.