RANGE AND ZIP PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMHODNETT

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
64
Reaction score
6
Location
HELENA, ALA.
Each time I restart my BCD536 I have to reinput the range and zip code. Is this normal or is there a way to save it permantely
 

Whiskey3JMC

Surfer of the Delaware Valley Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
10,799
Reaction score
9,535
Location
Simulcastylvania, TE
Far as I know it should keep the settings after shut down. Do you use the power button to turn the scanner off and on? If not there may be writing issues to the SD card if power is cut abruptly
 

Whiskey3JMC

Surfer of the Delaware Valley Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
10,799
Reaction score
9,535
Location
Simulcastylvania, TE
Do you have anything programmed into memory / favorites lists? Are these entries kept?
 

Whiskey3JMC

Surfer of the Delaware Valley Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
10,799
Reaction score
9,535
Location
Simulcastylvania, TE
So the menu options Set Scan Selection > Select Lists To Monitor > Full Database gets changed to "Off" after powering down the scanner and you have to turn it back on each time?
 

LMHODNETT

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
64
Reaction score
6
Location
HELENA, ALA.
No I have to turn off the full database. I have my favorites programmed and that is what I listen to.
 

LMHODNETT

Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
64
Reaction score
6
Location
HELENA, ALA.
I do not understand the zip and range feature I guess. I do only scan my favorites list and on occasion run discovery. Thank for your time and input.
 

RandyKuff

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 15, 2015
Messages
2,745
Reaction score
1,686
Location
Lorain, Ohio
Zip Code function uses the Database in the scanner... Not Favorite Lists...
Shouldn't need to enter a Zip code to scan Favorite Lists...
 

dave3825

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
10,929
Reaction score
6,478
Location
Suffolk County NY
If your favorite list has its location set to on, then that's when you would adjust range if you wanted to reduce things further away. It does the same with full database also.

I do not understand the zip and range feature I guess.
Have a read here. Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

But if your having to enter a zip code to listen to your favorites list, then something is wrong.
 

RandyKuff

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 15, 2015
Messages
2,745
Reaction score
1,686
Location
Lorain, Ohio
Yep... That is true too... Forgot about that...
Thanks Steve... And Thanks Dave...

I don't use or need location control on mine... Thats why I forgot about that...
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top