RE post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR8MR

Premium Subscriber
I posted this earlier and some guy kevin? closed it saying it was not an RR issue. Am I supposed to post ONLY RR issues? I don't think he read it. I never said it was a RR issue. I found the problem tho' An experienced guy ex 'TV Engr" Jim in Maryland found the setting I was looking for - in EZ scan general Tab. I am partially blind and have trouble finding things like that sometimes.

This was my question--> How is that an RR problem? Should I only post RR problems?
I have saved some working trunked systems from South Carolina to "Archive". These talkgroups ALL worked I used them for many months. The TGID was in HEX. So now I am starting clean with a new trunking system here in Western MI. But EZ scan WILL not allow me to enter any hex TGIDs in the new archive I created. They must be Decimal or it Errors as OUT OF RANGE. If I load the other archive and add a new talk group line it Allows me to create a TGID in HEX... Also I noticed that when I loaded a CSV file I created - one that that had Hex in it, the system truncates as soon as it sees a Hex character like ABCDEF. So a talk group ID of 123C in the CSV file would truncate as 123. Or one that begins as A123 would be thrown out altogether since it begins with a character in the Hexadecimnal range 'A'.

I added 34 Michigan police talk groups using their DECIMAL values but I hear nothing. So if what is allowed or understood is determined by the radio (A PRO-668 with whistler firmware) then I suppose mine is looking for HEX. And given that HEX is what worked down in SC it must be looking for HEX. BUT as I said I cannot put Hex in this new list.
==========================

So the issue now is poor voice decoding ..It sounds like a high BER. Gotta place the radio in a sweet spot here in downtown Gtand Haven

Anyone have any ideas?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So the issue now is poor voice decoding ..It sounds like a high BER. Gotta place the radio in a sweet spot here in downtown Gtand Haven

This doesn't sound like a database issue, it sounds like a scanner programming issue, perhaps you should ask one of the nice mods (who do read posts before they close threads for not being in the right place) to move it to the appropriate forum, since not everyone reads the database forum who may be able to help you.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps it would help if you shared what system you are trying to program, there may be another reason for the poor decode, like simulcast, if we knew the system we could better understand and better give you answers.

Also, after looking at the original post, you were not told this wasn't a RR issue, you were told by @KevinC that this was not a RR DATABASE issue, which is what I said.

13.JPG

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Am I supposed to post ONLY RR issues?
In the Site Administration Forums - Database Discussion Forum section of the website? Yes, you're only supposed to post RRDB issues. That's why it very clearly states the following in the description of this section:

This forum is for questions about the database such as how to use it, layout or usability issues or suggestions for improvement. It is not for pointing out wrong information or getting help with programming.

KR8MR

Premium Subscriber
Ok so I know what this subsection of RR isn't. As I said, before you jumped on board I will try to stay in my lane. Your suggestion about simulcast WAS in fact helpful. I think that may be the problem I am having.

As it says in the WIKI
Most current generation digital scanners do a poor job of handling simulcast APCO Project 25 systems. Quadrature Phase shift Keying
MY System-->
Description: Ottawa County Simulcast
County Location: Ottawa
Modulation: CQPSK

Last edited:

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
I posted this earlier and some guy kevin? closed it saying it was not an RR issue. Am I supposed to post ONLY RR issues? I don't think he read it. I never said it was a RR issue. I found the problem tho' An experienced guy ex 'TV Engr" Jim in Maryland found the setting I was looking for - in EZ scan general Tab. I am partially blind and have trouble finding things like that sometimes.

This was my question--> How is that an RR problem? Should I only post RR problems?
I have saved some working trunked systems from South Carolina to "Archive". These talkgroups ALL worked I used them for many months. The TGID was in HEX. So now I am starting clean with a new trunking system here in Western MI. But EZ scan WILL not allow me to enter any hex TGIDs in the new archive I created. They must be Decimal or it Errors as OUT OF RANGE. If I load the other archive and add a new talk group line it Allows me to create a TGID in HEX... Also I noticed that when I loaded a CSV file I created - one that that had Hex in it, the system truncates as soon as it sees a Hex character like ABCDEF. So a talk group ID of 123C in the CSV file would truncate as 123. Or one that begins as A123 would be thrown out altogether since it begins with a character in the Hexadecimnal range 'A'.

I added 34 Michigan police talk groups using their DECIMAL values but I hear nothing. So if what is allowed or understood is determined by the radio (A PRO-668 with whistler firmware) then I suppose mine is looking for HEX. And given that HEX is what worked down in SC it must be looking for HEX. BUT as I said I cannot put Hex in this new list.
==========================

Anyone have any ideas?
In response to the PM you sent me...Next time read what I said...This is not a RR DATABSE issue. And now you ask another question which has noting to do with the RR database???

As was already pointed out the purpose of this forum is as below...

This forum is for questions about the database such as how to use it, layout or usability issues or suggestions for improvement. It is not for pointing out wrong information or getting help with programming.

Signed,
Some Guy Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.