re: software for the dkd2 sdr scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve-kc7byp

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
192
Reaction score
-1
Location
West Richland, WA
re: software for the dkd2 sdr scanner

On the Ebay sale I got 2 of the RTL DKD2 sdr radio USB sticks along with 2 antennas. Is there any freeware software that can handle both radio USB sticks at the same time. The people that put this radio USB sticks together picked a weird set of software to download and the instructions are not easy to follow even for moderately experienced tech like my self. All the software that I have looked at so far can only handle 1 radio stick or the other. But not both at the same time.

Steve
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
Even the eBay ad shows two instances of the SW running (at least the ad I see).

I think that's what anyone with more than one dongle does.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
Voyager is 100% correct. It is running two instances. I do it all the time with my sdrs. If your going to do this with HDSDR then i would suggest you look into setting up the profiles feature of HDSDR. It allows you the separate all the settings per radio on one install of HDSDR

My two instances also with profiles being used. I use two monitors. I do not run it snapped left and right

Untitled.jpg
 

steve-kc7byp

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
192
Reaction score
-1
Location
West Richland, WA
I have SDRSharp running with the new 1 of the 2 new USB SDR radio sticks that I just traided for with a local ham operator for. The 2 USB SDR radio sticks that I got from the Ebay sale went belly and croaked. In order for the seller to make the 4 port USB hub sit on the mounting bolt of the mini tripod, the seller drilled a hole in the bottom of the 4 port USB hub and cracked the pc board inside the hub. It worked for a short time then both USB sdr radio sticks started getting warm and started to smoke. I saved my laptop by pulling the usb plug to the sdr radio sticks.
Anyways I am a newbee to this stile of software for the USB sdr radio sticks. I have fig out the SDRSharp software fig out for analog transmitions. But not the HDSDR software or the DSDPlus software.

Steve
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
That frankenstein RTL on ebay are nothing more then that. I don't know why people buy them.If you need my help or have questions you can msg via the board or email me direct. I hope you got your money back.
 

steve-kc7byp

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
192
Reaction score
-1
Location
West Richland, WA
re: software for the dkd2 sdr scanner

Yes I got my refund via Paypal today. There wasn't relay anything wrong with the 2 RTL radio sticks. It is what the seller did to the 4 port USB hub that fried the 2 RTL radio sticks. By drilling into the bottom of the USB hub. Then cracking the pc board and the IC chip on the top side of the pc board. I am surprised that the whole thing lasted as long as it did.

That frankenstein RTL on ebay are nothing more then that. I don't know why people buy them.If you need my help or have questions you can msg via the board or email me direct. I hope you got your money back.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
I actually reached out to the person who is hacking these things together. No response from him...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top