REACH/CALSTAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Mercy Air has many bases in California. Here is a start so that maybe you can add this to the Wiki and as we get more confirmed base numbers and helicopter call signs, we can add it. I messaged Mercy Air to get a full list.

Mercy Air 1: Rancho Cucamonga
Mercy Air 2: Victorville
Mercy Air 3:
Mercy Air 4: Anaheim
Mercy Air 5: San Diego
Mercy Air 6:
Mercy Air 7:
Mercy Air 18: Thermal
Mercy Air 27: Brawley
Mercy Air H285: Big Bear (With BBFD)

Anyone can add information to the wiki

norcalbusa

Calstar 5 is in Salinas 7 is in SLO. I remember they tried out a base in Hollister I guess it didn't work out. Now that mercy air is in Fort Hunter Liggett and the opening of the level 2 trauma center here Calstar calls have gone down alot here.

Just caught this- CS7 is based at Santa Maria a/p. Too many to keep track! :D

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Calstar 7 is active on 152.96750Mhz on Santa Ynez Peak. As I stated in an old post on this thread, they are dispatched by Santa Barbara County Fire. They have their own tone out. The SY repeater is only used to talk to Calstar dispatch in Santa Maria. All tactical and on scene radio traffic is on county fire frequencies and/or Calcord. Calstar 7 uses Med5 to talk to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital (only trauma center with helicopter pad). Very little information on their own repeater.

Santa Barbara County has a hoist equipped copter based at Santa Ynez which is used for rescues beyond the scope of Calstar. They pick up paramedics from the SY Airport fire station (32).

Calstar/Reach is doing a direct mail campaign in this area soliciting memberships. A very good idea if you do a lot of back country activities. Many horse people I know are members.

norcalbusa

3 hemet
6 El Cajon
7 Henderson nv
19 El Cajon
20 fort hunter
21 pahrum nv.
22 Hesperian
23 San Bernardino
29 29 palms
31 Modesto
32 Merced

I heard the long term ambulance operator (and ex mayor?) in Bakersfield/KernCo also has a helo. Painted his colors, but is under lease from and operated by MercyAir. Don't know who staffs the medical crew. Any ideas?

Eng74

I heard the long term ambulance operator (and ex mayor?) in Bakersfield/KernCo also has a helo. Painted his colors, but is under lease from and operated by MercyAir. Don't know who staffs the medical crew. Any ideas?

Medivac 1 as far as I know is owned by Hall's Ambulance. They are the primary air ambulance for the west side of the county. Mercy Air 14 is the primary air ambulance for the east side of the county. They then back each other up if one is unavailable.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Hall Ambulance is the company you're thinking of. They also respond into Santa Barbara County in the Cuyama area. Their air ambulance is operated by Air Methods. Mr. Hall was indeed the mayor of Bakersfield at one time. He passed away recently.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
Not to go off topic, but can anyone tell me how they dispatch the Halls bird? Is there a dedicated dispatch frequency for it or what?

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Not to go off topic, but can anyone tell me how they dispatch the Halls bird? Is there a dedicated dispatch frequency for it or what?

Kern County Fire Channel 1
Tone Out Frequencies
Medevac 1 Tone A: 304.7 Hz Tone B: 288.5 Hz Bakersfield Meadows Field

scannermike11

Banned
REACH’ Partners with AMR and cal-star

they are one big company now
AMGH Partners with AMR
REACH’s parent company, American Medical Group Holdings (AMGH) has a new partner American
Medical Response (AMR). Together, they form a new company, Global Medical Response, which will
manage patient care from the ground to the air.
Many know AMR as a ground ambulance
provider. In fact, they are the nation’s
leading medical transportation company
serving communities in 40 states and
transporting more than four million
patients each year. In addition to
emergency response, AMR also provides
dispatch services, m

norcalbusa

More news- the (shortly) used and then abandoned CALSTAR mobile quarters at Hollister Airport (KCVH), has been now taken over (cleaned up, moved into and active) by Hollister Fire as Station 3. Haven't gone for a look-see, but I suspect the engine is merely parked under a Costco awning...but it is all inside the airport perimeter fence.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Reviving old thread.

CALSTAR is opening a new/added base at Watsonville Airport, probably next month (depends on the hangar build out. CALSTAR 14 will be the new EC-135 helo (H-135).

Interesting.
Thanks for posting that. I live in Watsonville and hadn't heard anything about it until seeing your post.

My brother in law needed some jet fuel therapy a few years ago, would have helped to have it more local.
Usually at work we have to wait for the one to be dispatched out of Gilroy.

Watsonville is a good airport for that. Big airport, lots of room. Glad to see it getting put to more good use.

norcalbusa

Interesting.
Thanks for posting that. I live in Watsonville and hadn't heard anything about it until seeing your post.

My brother in law needed some jet fuel therapy a few years ago, would have helped to have it more local.
Usually at work we have to wait for the one to be dispatched out of Gilroy.

Watsonville is a good airport for that. Big airport, lots of room. Glad to see it getting put to more good use.

CALSTAR will be at the fair, I think its in a week or so, talking about the new base. The helicopter is already up at McClellan (HQ) getting all dialed in- I doubt they are bringing it to the fair. Still hiring nurses and pilots for the base, they'll do some kind of grand opening a few weeks after they get in and squared away.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
CALSTAR will be at the fair, I think its in a week or so, talking about the new base. The helicopter is already up at McClellan (HQ) getting all dialed in- I doubt they are bringing it to the fair. Still hiring nurses and pilots for the base, they'll do some kind of grand opening a few weeks after they get in and squared away.

Yeah, fair is next week, 12-16th. Would be surprised if it was there. Usually AMR, SCCSO, CalFire and a few others have a booth there.

I'll keep my ears open for the grand opening. I sorta know the airport manager, if I see him, I'll ask.

Come to think of it, I've seen some construction going on at the airport, but didn't know what it was. My wife and I will periodically hit the café there, but haven't been in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.