Realistic Pro-34 Battery Pack

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Don't know what I used it for but my 6 AA battery pack for the Pro34 is not in my radio and I'm looking for a replacement.

Most I can find have the 9volt snap connector.....is this what it had or were the battery pack power connections more like rivets?

Thanks and if anyone wants to post picture, that would be great!

hill

Premium Subscriber
Didn't think the old PRO-34 had a battery pack in which you put in AA batteries

It's been a long time, since play with this model and maybe mistaking. I seem to remember the batteries just being loaded in scanner into six slots for the batteries and nothing being removable.

The only series with yellow battery holders for rechargeables and black for alkaline was PROs 93, 95, 96 and 97. Plus the PRO-106 and later GRE and Whistler clones.

hill

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected just looked at an online manual and see a 6 battery holder.

With it close around 35 years most likely have to locate one used on Ebay or the like. Or maybe find someone with a non working unit and get the battery holder.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Don't know what I used it for but my 6 AA battery pack for the Pro34 is not in my radio and I'm looking for a replacement.

Most I can find have the 9volt snap connector.....is this what it had or were the battery pack power connections more like rivets?

Thanks and if anyone wants to post picture, that would be great!

It has the side "rivet" looking contacts, and takes 6 AA cells. I have mine from the Pro-34 in my hand, and this one on Ebay appears to be the same as mine:

It appears that one could easily fashion a similar device from a 9V snap connector type holder.

Last edited:

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Didn't think the old PRO-34 had a battery pack in which you put in AA batteries

It's been a long time, since play with this model and maybe mistaking. I seem to remember the batteries just being loaded in scanner into six slots for the batteries and nothing being removable.

The only series with yellow battery holders for rechargeables and black for alkaline was PROs 93, 95, 96 and 97. Plus the PRO-106 and later GRE and Whistler clones.
YES....it had a battery pack (maybe that's not what it's called?)

1728073354876.png

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
It has the side "rivet" looking contacts, and takes 6 AA cells. I have mine from the Pro-34 in my hand, and this one on Ebay appears to be the same as mine:

I missed that one! $16 :rolleyes: !!!!

I'm sure I will find mine they day it arrives!

Thanks for the find

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected just looked at an online manual and see a 6 battery holder.

With it close around 35 years most likely have to locate one used on Ebay or the like. Or maybe find someone with a non working unit and get the battery holder.
Odd way to get it but if it works!!!!:D

Thanks....will look!

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
The Pro-43 also had a similar battery pack as well.
Ordered a "parts" Pro-34 that looks brand new and has the battery pack for $15.....a little high but problem solved! (if the pictures are correct!)