Receiving Montana Highway Patrol, can't seem to program our scanner properly

SandraK

Greetings Everyone,

My husband and I will be visiting Montana much more frequently in the coming years while our daughter attends U of M in Missoula. We've been trying to get our BCD436HP programmed to be able to listen to the Highway Patrol while we're driving along I-90. Especially in and around the Missoula area. However, we haven't had any luck receiving anything whatsoever.

I have Proscan installed on my laptop and I use it to login to the RadioReference site to select the sites & talkgroups we'd like to listen to. For example, in the Missoula area, for the site, I have selected Missoula Point 6 and District 1 for the talkgroup. I have also added the four conventional VHF frequencies listed for District 1. However, over the period of six days, we heard absolutely nothing, Are there other sites for the Missoula area that I've missed? We didn't have any trouble at all receiving the Missoula City and County public safety agencies, but MHP seems to be quite elusive.

If anyone could offer any suggestions for us, we'd appreciate it. Will be going again in a few weeks and would like to have it working by then.

Thank you!

Sandra

rpewitt

Premium Subscriber
Greetings Everyone,

My husband and I will be visiting Montana much more frequently in the coming years while our daughter attends U of M in Missoula. We've been trying to get our BCD436HP programmed to be able to listen to the Highway Patrol while we're driving along I-90. Especially in and around the Missoula area. However, we haven't had any luck receiving anything whatsoever.

I have Proscan installed on my laptop and I use it to login to the RadioReference site to select the sites & talkgroups we'd like to listen to. For example, in the Missoula area, for the site, I have selected Missoula Point 6 and District 1 for the talkgroup. I have also added the four conventional VHF frequencies listed for District 1. However, over the period of six days, we heard absolutely nothing, Are there other sites for the Missoula area that I've missed? We didn't have any trouble at all receiving the Missoula City and County public safety agencies, but MHP seems to be quite elusive.

If anyone could offer any suggestions for us, we'd appreciate it. Will be going again in a few weeks and would like to have it working by then.

Thank you!

Sandra
you might check the montana p25 network

bumby

Premium Subscriber
try 154.665 for dispatch with 127.3 PL and 154.695 with 100.0 PL car to car TAC...heard traffic on these today..