SDS100/SDS200: Recent SDS100 Firmware Update and Degradation With Reception

GlennGAH

I recently updated my SDS100 firmware to 1.23.07. I also updated the database to 10-13-24. Since that time, my reception has degraded significantly. I am only receiving two to three channels and the communication is broken up. I cross checked my channels and associated frequencies with radioreference.com. I have also gone through my settings, reset all user settings on the device, deleted and re-added all of my favorites, and spent about 20 minutes on the phone with Uniden support. Are there any other suggestions that the forum would provide prior to my sending the unit back to Uniden for repair?

I appreciate your help.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I recently updated my SDS100 firmware to 1.23.07. I also updated the database to 10-13-24. Since that time, my reception has degraded significantly. I am only receiving two to three channels and the communication is broken up. I cross checked my channels and associated frequencies with radioreference.com. I have also gone through my settings, reset all user settings on the device, deleted and re-added all of my favorites, and spent about 20 minutes on the phone with Uniden support. Are there any other suggestions that the forum would provide prior to my sending the unit back to Uniden for repair?

I appreciate your help.

Why not downgrade your firmware to the pervious version and see if your reception goes back to the way it was.... if so, it would eliminate a repair trip to Uniden.

GlennGAH

Why not downgrade your firmware to the pervious version and see if your reception goes back to the way it was.... if so, it would eliminate a repair trip to Uniden.
I looked at K4DPA's thread regarding the same issue and downgraded my firmware to main; 1.23.02, sub; 1.03.02 and there are no changes regarding reception. I also restored the device to the factory settings. Based on Uniden's repair of K4DAP's unit, could it be the preamplifier Transistors.