reception in mesa

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie223

Hey everyone,
I'm new to scanners. I recentley bought a pro-106. The good news is I got it all set up with the city of mesa trunked system along with the four talkgroups I wanted. The bad news is they come in clear as a bell in downtown mesa where my place is, (next door to hohokam stadium) but when I get to around stapley and southern, or even farther east, they come in all garbled and I can barley hear what they're saying. I thought upgrading to the 800 mhz attenna was going to solve this problem, but it hasn't. Do I need to switch to multi site roam? Would that help? I'm pretty sure the city of mesa communication center is in downtown mesa witch is why it picks up so well there. But it should still sound just the same even if I wear like say five miles from downtown? Its not like I'm five miles outside city limits. Like I said, I thought maybe it might be the stat vs. multi site roam feature. I don't want to tweak it at all until I know for sure though because is works perfectly in my place at least. I'd just like to take it around town and get the same results you know.

InlandAZ

I own both the Pro-96 and Pro-106 - and mesa blows chunks (I live outside of Mesa, but near enough). Their system was so active on my Pro-95 (when they were analog) that I frequently turned the bank off.

I have the same issue with Tempe, and I'm only a few block outside of the city, once they went digital - it went south big time.

The odd thing is, I hear Phoenix, several miles away, just fine.

Digital is the pits.

newbie223

I was hoping it was something with my hardware that needed to be tweaked, but now I'm starting to think you may be right. It seems the more research I do about the valley's regional wireless cooperative, RWC, Mesa is almost like its own seperate entity (TRWC). Its like its part of it, but its not. I don't know, I just can't believe the range is really that limited. At least it works in my place. I sure would like to be able to get that crystal clear reception in other parts of town though.

Astrak

I was hoping it was something with my hardware that needed to be tweaked, but now I'm starting to think you may be right. It seems the more research I do about the valley's regional wireless cooperative, RWC, Mesa is almost like its own seperate entity (TRWC). Its like its part of it, but its not. I don't know, I just can't believe the range is really that limited. At least it works in my place. I sure would like to be able to get that crystal clear reception in other parts of town though.

The range of the system is pretty good actually, covering all of Mesa,Gilbert and Apache Junction well into Pinal county and most of the east valley. It sounds like the problem you are having is a common problem with scanners and their ability to handle simulcast P25.

Status
Not open for further replies.