Recommendations for Base Station?

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I recently picked up a used TRX-1 handheld which has been working great for me so far. I'm looking to add a base unit to the house with an external antenna. I wanted a TRX-2, but they are in short supply these days, and typically expensive if you can find them. I am now also realizing that even the TRX-1 is probably overkill for my needs, as I have almost all conventional analog and digital scanning here, no 800mhz, no complicated trunking or simulcast, etc. I wanted the TRX-2 so I can use the same software, programming, etc for both scanners.

Does anyone know is there is another Whistler scanner that will take the same programming with EZScan as my TRX-1? It's doesn't need to have too many extensive features for my uses. Again, conventional analog and digital, P25, no simulcast or trunking.

Thanks guys!

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber

N1GAW

Premium Subscriber
Two things to think about...

1) When trying to duplicate programming, best way is to go to FILE and ARCHIVE CURRENT CONFIGURATION in the first EZ Scan program, then in the base station or second version of EZ Scan (yes you do need two different EZ Scan programs as features are different in the base and hand held) again go to FILE and RESTORE FROM ARCHIVE. You will need to fine tune features in the EZ Scan that are not in the other version, but those are few.

2) While a TRX may be overkill now, local and state systems are constantly being updated and it is better to have a scanner that is capable of picking up the newer systems than having to rush out and find a new scanner that will handle changes.

Good luck and happy listening with whatever you choose.