Record option

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes00only

How can I record audio traffic on my GRE PSR500 when I'm not at home? I can't remember which software I tried a long time ago that
showed a record tab but I couldn't get it to work. May have been Unitrunker but whatever it was it was really complicated. Being
stuck in the house now I have more time to try.

How can I record audio traffic on my GRE PSR500 when I'm not at home?
I've used this.

Works great!

There are other options here:

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have used ScanRec for years and it works great. I almost always used it with the Record jack on my Uniden scanners but you can use it with the headphone jack, just make sure you do some test recordings first. I use the NOAA Weather station for test recordings to get my levels right.

You can adjust the levels in the audio control panels in Windows but remember that (unless you use the Record Jack if your radio has one) the volume control on the scanner will also affect the record levels. Be sure not to change it lest you mess up the recording levels.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I've used Scanrec in the past but it's pretty limited with its features. Presently I use NCH Recordpad on my radios that aren't supported by Proscan. Recordpad allows you to select your audio source from within the app and you can also create new audio files after a set amount of time. It also allows you to record in mp3 format which is a smaller format than a wav of equal sound quality

eyes00only

I do see two versions in the Docs reply. Which is the easiest to use? I'm not as proficient with this stuff as I was
years ago.

eyes00only

Just my luck. Finally got it but getting this message: A device ID has been used that is out of range for your system.
Any thoughts?

eyes00only

Getting old. Got that fixed and getting audio on the laptop but zippo info on the recorder. The timer is moving
but hitting Record does nothing. Also did not see any VOX settings but that doesn't matter if it wont record at all.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Just my luck. Finally got it but getting this message: A device ID has been used that is out of range for your system.
Any thoughts?
How did you fix it? It sounds like you may have done a workaround that didn't really fix the problem. Problem is the Win Mixer Mic or Line In is disabled or not plugged in.

Got that fixed and getting audio on the laptop but zippo info on the recorder. The timer is moving
but hitting Record does nothing. Also did not see any VOX settings but that doesn't matter if it wont record at all.

OK

An easy to manipulate audio recording application that features VOX control and allows setting a minimum signal level above which the recorder is activated

Scanner Recorder
, or in short, Scanrec is a user-friendly audio recording application intended for capturing conversations and any other input sound and save it locally to WAV format.

Using the application shouldn't be difficult for any user, since all the options are clear and accessible. The GUI is pretty simple and easy to get accustomed with, comprising a few configuration settings and control buttons, along with the waveform representation of the recording.

Starting a new session requires you to specify the compression format and the recording attributes. Scanner Recorder can record signals as pulse-code modulation (PCM) streams, Microsoft or IMA ADPCM (adaptive differential) or GSM signals, with different attributes regarding frequency, channel type and bitrate.

You can adjust the volume threshold and the silence delay. This allows you to set a minimum sound level that the application must hear in order to activate recording. Sounds above the squelch are displayed in orange, while the ones below the threshold are green. The VOX control function helps you save storage space when no sound is detected.

Scanner Recorder features DC offset correction and anti-clipping functionality, which means that it can be set to avoid clipping off the very beginning of a session, when the application might record a sound similar to squelching.

You can view the elapsed and the recording time within the main window, along with the remaining free storage space. All operations are logged to a text file for later reference.

Scanner Recorder can be used for recording practically anything from music and radio streams to dictated text. It is easy to configure and intuitive enough to have beginners use it without facing significant difficulties.

eyes00only

How did you fix it? It sounds like you may have done a workaround that didn't really fix the problem. Problem is the Win Mixer Mic or Line In is disabled or not plugged in.
Just wasn't patching it correctly. Now doing earphone from scanner to microphone on the computer.
I'll try again tomorrow. I used to be pretty good at this stuff but when I retired I had no need for tech stuff.
As they say: If ya don't use it ya lose it :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.