Red Deer RCMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregtech5315

Hello. I was just in Red Deer over the weekend staying for a few days with family. Often when I go there I take along my Uniden handheld BCD436HP. I had not been there for quite awhile - over the weekend I tuned in my unit ( set for location ) and noticed no RCMP traffic for Red Deer. I had a couple transmissions from Rocky Mt. House but nothing else. I am assuming that Red Deer RCMP are now running encrypted on AFRRCS!? Could someone please advise me as to whether or not this is the case!? Would appreciate any info.
thanks & regards - Greg

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Hello. I was just in Red Deer over the weekend staying for a few days with family. Often when I go there I take along my Uniden handheld BCD436HP. I had not been there for quite awhile - over the weekend I tuned in my unit ( set for location ) and noticed no RCMP traffic for Red Deer. I had a couple transmissions from Rocky Mt. House but nothing else. I am assuming that Red Deer RCMP are now running encrypted on AFRRCS!? Could someone please advise me as to whether or not this is the case!? Would appreciate any info.
thanks & regards - Greg

They are on AFRRCS and full time encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregtech5315

Hey - thanks for the reply kayn1n32008! Appreciate it. Do you know if Sylvan Lake, Innisfail etc and any other surrounding areas have gone to the same system as Red Deer? Or are there still some areas that can be heard?
thanks & regards - Greg

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Hey - thanks for the reply kayn1n32008! Appreciate it. Do you know if Sylvan Lake, Innisfail etc and any other surrounding areas have gone to the same system as Red Deer? Or are there still some areas that can be heard?
thanks & regards - Greg

Red Deer to Wetaskiwin is for sure on AFRRCS now. Not sure about south of Red Deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Mountain View County (Didsbury, Carstairs, Olds, & Sundre) detachments are on AFRRCS now, so it stands to reason that detachments north of them are too (the migration is progressing north to south).

They appear to have the ability to access the old system from the new radios... Didsbury joined Cochrane on an incident last night and came over to Cochrane's PACS channel.

beeperboy

Mountain View County (Didsbury, Carstairs, Olds, & Sundre) detachments are on AFRRCS now, so it stands to reason that detachments north of them are too (the migration is progressing north to south).

They appear to have the ability to access the old system from the new radios... Didsbury joined Cochrane on an incident last night and came over to Cochrane's PACS channel.

The RCMP have 150/700 MHz dual band radios, so I assume they still have the PACS channels in them for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.