Regional Gov't 10

evan

Database Admin
For those of you in the midlands or traveling through on I-26, there are major construction projects ongoing along I-26, particularly near the I-20 interchange, which will (unfortunately) we ongoing for the next 10 years.

SC Regional Government 10 (20026) has been used for several months for communications between HP, Fire/EMS and the construction company whenever there are accidents and blocked roadways. The construction company (Archer-United) units use callsigns "Archer". Keep this one in your scan list.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
For the record, I haven't heard Reg Govt 8 in use in the Cherokee Co area in quite a while. It could be that protocol is no longer in place now that construction has moved along. It could also be that I'm just not paying close attention and realizing that radio traffic is still occurring.

JohnSC

Premium Subscriber
It's still important to know to monitor these Regional Government channels around these monster projects. I had no idea they were being used.

These projects are well-flagged but even at reduced speeds you can top a hill into stopped traffic and get rear-ended, which happened to us in Columbia at I-26 and I-20 -- a gasoline tanker, no less. And, you never get enough warning when heavy equipment is moving in and out of traffic, whatever the speed. Too often the lanes are narrowed more than anticipated. They don't have enough officers to work these locations and a helluva lot can go wrong. I will certainly add these channels along the interstates.