Remember this olde thread about learning Morse Code?

K4EET

Chaplain
Back on 19 January 2016, I started this thread about learning Morse Code:

That generated some good discussion and some of the participants set off to learn Morse Code. Are you all still around here and did you succeed in learning Morse Code? Also are there any of you out there in cyberspace just starting to learn Morse Code or did learn and are now working your way up the Words per Minute (WPM) ladder? If so, please check in on this thread. I would like to hear how things are progressing.

73 es gud dx, Dave K4EET

dit dit

K4EET

Chaplain
Hey thanks @tvengr and good to see you posting in this thread! One comment on your Morse Code. You might try using the “/“ symbol to separate words and the “//“ symbol to separate sentences. It makes writing in Morse Code a little cleaner. Other than that, you made a superb effort to brighten my day! Now if they would just make a Morse Code keyboard, writing in Morse Code would be a LOT easier… 🤣 73, Dave K4EET

• •

tvengr

Well Known Member
Hey thanks @tvengr and good to see you posting in this thread! One comment on your Morse Code. You might try using the “/“ symbol to separate words and the “//“ symbol to separate sentences. It makes writing in Morse Code a little cleaner.
Thanks Dave! I'll remember to use the slash marks. I had more space between words, but the RR editor tightens it up to one space when posted. I learned Morse Code in the Boy Scouts and set up a pair of keys and buzzers to teach others. No reason there couldn.t be a Morse Code keyboard. You could probably set up a macro for each letter and number using a computer or write a program converting text to Morse Code.