Remote Indoor Antenna Setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanaholic

I don't know if this is the forum where I posted about the TV interferring with my Pro 433 a few months ago or not, but to an extent, it still is. What's weird, on 155.640, Callahan Co., the interference signal gets much stronger whent the TV and DVR or shut off!

Anyway, I had maybe not a good idea, but an idea.

I was wondering about getting some scanner coax, and if there is such an animal, a double female BNC connector, and putting the telescoping antenna from the scanner back in a bedroom away from the TV.

I wonder if that would work, or just be a waste of time and money, and me not be able to receive anything?

Thanks-

N1BHH

Like the Nike commercial says, "Just Do It." That's what it's all about. Televisions and VCR's and many other electronics emit loads of RF energy when they are off. Many are unshielded, many don't have a grounding post. Part 15 equipment lately has been getting worse. I always allow a lot of spacing for my equipment away from that stuff, and ground what you can. Besides, antenna outdoors works best. Plus I think it would be wise to post this in the Antenna Forum.

scanaholic

Yep, they've tossed Part 15 out the window, and this stuff should have a broadcast license, some of it.

I wish I could have an outside antenna, but we live in an apartment complex.
I will move it to the antenna forum. So many, I didn't see it right off.

Thanks-

scanaholic

Well, I told the guy at Shack what I was planning on doing, and he said it wouldn't help, so I just sauntered out. I may try it later anyway. How can anyone know who hasn't tried it.

DickH

Well, I told the guy at Shack what I was planning on doing, and he said it wouldn't help, so I just sauntered out. I may try it later anyway. How can anyone know who hasn't tried it.

You've just learned the Basic Scanning Rule. Don't ask a Radio Shack guy anything.

To answer your question, why don't you just carry the PRO-433 into different parts of your house, plug it in, and see if you lose the interference.? If you find a quiet place, leave the scanner there. Then buy a cheap FM radio and a little FM transmitter so you can listen in another room. Wireless headphones will work, too.
Imagination works well, too.

scanaholic

That's a plan, Dick. Lots of ways to beat this thing.
Also, learned not to ask a Shack guy the time of day. :)

I do have a handheld I walked around here. I got some 155.640 interference that would come and go as I walked with it. Lots of stuff out there to mess up scanners.

scanaholic

Well, as it goes with my so-called "projects", Shack had one connector I needed, but not the 259input-BCNoutput(male) connector, (to hook to the scanner ant. connection) not even in their order book. That's the way my mop flops.

I'll see if a man & wife ham team that goes to our church might have one of those animals.

If there is anyone on here who lives in Abilene that might have that type connector, post in, and I'll pm you my pho. and address.

Thanks~

Status
Not open for further replies.