ProScan: Remote over IP control...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue1

Hello all,, (BCD436HP)

I am about to buy the Proscan Software after using it for the 30 days. A pretty decent software package with the client and all. I have the webserver piece running ok along with the password and control setup.. The audio delay is super annoying but I can live with it, as long as I can connect with my iPhone and listen I'm ok with it..

The one issue I am having though is the "Remote scanner over IP" functions. I got the client software running on my laptop with the server software attached to my server in the radio room. Everything works except for the control part. The audio is spot on with the simulated display, but again no control. I must be missing a setting somewhere.. If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome.. Thank you..

Rescue1

Update.... Nevermind I figured it out. I was using the client software and that doesn't allow control...

But it does bring up another question.. I downloaded another trial software piece onto my laptop, so does that mean in order to control it I am going to have to buy the software twice or are there multiple licenses issued when you register?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,, (BCD436HP)

I am about to buy the Proscan Software after using it for the 30 days. A pretty decent software package with the client and all. I have the webserver piece running ok along with the password and control setup.. The audio delay is super annoying but I can live with it, as long as I can connect with my iPhone and listen I'm ok with it..

The one issue I am having though is the "Remote scanner over IP" functions. I got the client software running on my laptop with the server software attached to my server in the radio room. Everything works except for the control part. The audio is spot on with the simulated display, but again no control. I must be missing a setting somewhere.. If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome.. Thank you..

When you say "client software", I take it you are running the Free Client. That is used for monitor only and not control. The full ProScan running in client mode does have remote control.

On the audio delay problem using a media player connected to the Web Server, the delay or latency is caused by the Media Player network buffer. I can't do anything about that since I didn't program the Media Player.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Update.... Nevermind I figured it out. I was using the client software and that doesn't allow control...

But it does bring up another question.. I downloaded another trial software piece onto my laptop, so does that mean in order to control it I am going to have to buy the software twice or are there multiple licenses issued when you register?

One license allows activation on two computers.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
When you buy the software you get 2 lic for each $50 lic you buy. I have 6 scanners running on 1 PC all running on 1 lic (same PC) If you are only going to use 2 PC's the 1 will be your server and 1 your remote control. But let me offer this I run teamviewer ver 10 or older as a remote control to my Proscan Server PC and control the local PC with ANDROID, APPLE, or WINDOWS with no problems.

Rescue1

Thank you everyone.. After gathering all the info and getting it all working thanks to this post I went ahead and ordered the program, all is good now..:)

And yes, Teamviewer is awesome and I used it for the WIN500 program on my older GRE. I am glad however that the ProScan has the included web setup, so I can access it directly from my iPhone.

One suggestion: The layout is nice for the 436, however the virtual scroll wheel is a bit cumbersome with a laptop trackpad. Maybe an additional up/down button so it makes navigating the menu a little easier. The virtual wheel tends to overshoot your intended menu item. Awesome program otherwise.. Thank you

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
One suggestion: The layout is nice for the 436, however the virtual scroll wheel is a bit cumbersome with a laptop trackpad. Maybe an additional up/down button so it makes navigating the menu a little easier. The virtual wheel tends to overshoot your intended menu item. Awesome program otherwise.. Thank you

There are up/down buttons below the virtual display. They were added a few versions ago.

Attachments

• BCD436.png
    BCD436.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 314

Rescue1

Hmm. I am not seeing them, weird. I made sure it's the latest version and tried different window views. I did find however that the arrow keys do the trick.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hmm. I am not seeing them, weird. I made sure it's the latest version and tried different window views. I did find however that the arrow keys do the trick.

The buttons will show only when logged in as "Serve Scanner Control Mode" or "Super User". If they still don't show then advise on the browser type like Safari or Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.