Rename Airspy Devices

C_615

I recently bought a second Airspy R2 and need to rename them for use with SDR-Trunk. I’m using Ubuntu and rtl_eeprom does not detect the Airspy R2 devices (it does with an RTL-SDR). How can I rename the Airspy devices?

C_615

There is no need to "rename" Airspy devices in order to use them in SDRTrunk. They are already uniquely identified by their serial numbers. rtl_eeprom, as the name of the executable suggests, is only for RTL based hardware.
I must be missing something then. My Airspy R2s work fine independently in SDR-Trunk, but when I try use both at the same time to monitor two different P25 systems neither of the tuners work. I am able to set each as a preferred tuner for one of the systems.

C_615

Make sure you dont have them both plugged into the same USB bus. A single bus is close to saturation with just one. Two is too much.
That was definitely the problem. I am using a Beelink SER5 5560. Can it not handle 3 Airspy R2 devices? Is there not a way to force the third Airspy device to use bus 2 or 4?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-04-08 20-03-43.png
    Screenshot from 2024-04-08 20-03-43.png
    196.8 KB · Views: 5

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
USB ports are each hard-wired to a specific bus. You'll have to try plugging the airspy into different ports to see which bus the port is using.