Reno Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrsfoto

Hello
I will be in Reno around the Livestock Center for the next week. I live in Northern Calif. Can someone please tell me which site is the best to plug in to my scanner?. Would like fire city and state, NHP SO etc. I see there are a whole lot of sites for NV but I cannot tell which ones cover Reno as mountain tops etc mean nothing to me-maybe if I lived there it would.

Thank You
Forrest

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Best Reno Stuff

You will find by programming the Nevada Shared Radio System specifically the Chimney Peak site will work just fine, I was up there this week and heard police and fire on that system with no problems.

JoeyC

If I were you I'd program the Washoe Co Metro Simulcast site. Everything you would want to hear - Reno police, fire, Washoe SO, NHP will be on that system. While the Chimney Peak site may work at the Livestock Events Center, it is not the optimal site for that area.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Even better

JoeyC said:
If I were you I'd program the Washoe Co Metro Simulcast site. Everything you would want to hear - Reno police, fire, Washoe SO, NHP will be on that system. While the Chimney Peak site may work at the Livestock Events Center, it is not the optimal site for that area.

Wow? I didn't even know about the Washoe Metro system. I was going off my V folder provided by GRE for the PSR 500. Thank you though, I will try that system the next time I go up there.

As always this audience is the best place to find stuff for your scanner hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.