I have sent in corrections for my area and they are still not correct as I mentioned above. I don't know if the RFinder has representatives, but any database of that size is difficult to keep completely up to date.
It contained incorrect, out of date and unverifed information scraped from the internet.
I have sent in corrections for my area and they are still not correct as I mentioned above. I don't know if the RFinder has representatives, but any database of that size is difficult to keep completely up to date.
You are absolutely right and I would be happy to add some credibility to it but I usually can't. I travel quite a bit but I usually travel alone and am unable to make notes about the discrepancies.
Some of the errors are major and should be handled by the individual state mangers (that are shown on the listings). For instance, two interstate highways were not even shown for several years. Also, the listing for repeaters along I-65, that runs the length of the state from Tennessee to Mobile and includes Montgomery and Birmingham, had only listings for the Mobile area. The page manager lives in the Mobile area.
How would you propose that I collect the data to submit. I refuse to try to write information while I'm driving. Perhaps stop every 20 miles or so and look for repeaters? I don't think so.You agreed that it is crowd sourced and then complained that the crowd hasn't updated it and somehow blamed one or two individuals for it. No, that's not how it works - hams in general (you and I and others) are the ones to submit data and make the changes...so, instead of posting to complain about incorrect data, get on the site and submit an update/correction or add new repeaters. It's easier and helps a whole lot more than posting a complaint on here...![]()
How would you propose that I collect the data to submit. I refuse to try to write information while I'm driving. Perhaps stop every 20 miles or so and look for repeaters? I don't think so.
While I understand no method would be perfect, I suggest that those who have taken on the task of managing a state's information, to wit, Alabama, do their job. That might make a big difference.
Maybe I'll just turn the ham radio off and not worry about it. I have scanners and satellite radio to keep me entertained.