RI Nat'l Grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgai20

Premium Subscriber
I have the Grids' LTR system programmed for some time. I watched a troubleman work a wire down today. They was plenty of Northern RI communications. Any thoughts on regaining the ability to listen to the Grid??

ecps92

No Scanner can Trunk-Track a Passport LTR
The only option is to program in all the known Frequencies and listen in conventional mode, you just won't know what TG is being used.

Also, some of the newer NGrid LTR are using Part 22 Paging channels and even tho your scanner may show/handle 25 Khz and 12.5 Khz channels, many of these are now using 6.25 Khz channels spacing.

You might want to review exactly what Freqs from both the RRDB and the SNE Wiki's
you have programmed in....

I have the Grids' LTR system programmed for some time. I watched a troubleman work a wire down today. They was plenty of Northern RI communications. Any thoughts on regaining the ability to listen to the Grid??

dgai20

Premium Subscriber
Thanx for the info
I will try programming conv. channels. I seem to remember trying that once before. I dont recall hearing any voice just an occasional burst of data or control

As far a radios I use a 996XT, Home Patrol 1 and a GRE PSR400 @ home and a Whistler 1098 in the car

ecps92

Yes, when not actively used, there is the LTR Pulse emitted every few seconds.

Thanx for the info
I will try programming conv. channels. I seem to remember trying that once before. I dont recall hearing any voice just an occasional burst of data or control

As far a radios I use a 996XT, Home Patrol 1 and a GRE PSR400 @ home and a Whistler 1098 in the car

Darkstar350

They also have some statewide mobile freqs for RI
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - KO2925 - NATIONAL GRID USA SERVICE COMPANY INC.
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQJX908 - NATIONAL GRID USA SERVICE COMPANY INC. - Frequencies Summary

Much like they have here in NY and other areas that Nat.Grid services
National Grid and other utility companies make much use of Wifi/data devices now days
But i do recall either in MA or RI they did have a LTR system and or a 800mhz Motorola system one of which they abandoned...

Status
Not open for further replies.