RMNP

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Who Covers to help RMNP for SAR, Fires & EMS in the park? if you have who helps and Freq's please send them to me, I'm updating my list. I have all the RMNP but not sure who helps them other than Estes Park. Does Estes Park EMS ever use 121 anymore? What does Estes Park use Ops 1 & 2 for is that for Fire & EMS or Police only using Encrypt?

Last edited:

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Who Covers to help RMNP for SAR, Fires & EMS in the park? if you have who helps and Freq's please send them to me, I'm updating my list. I have all the RMNP but not sure who helps them other than Estes Park. Does Estes Park EMS ever use 121 anymore? What does Estes Park use Ops 1 & 2 for is that for Fire & EMS or Police only using Encrypt?

Unless there are local arrangements that I know nothing of, the National Park Service is in charge of all emergencies. They may call out for mutual aid for fire, SAR and EMS. Law Enforcement is a function of the park's employees who are POST Certified federal officers. I don't know if Rocky Mountain National Park is an exclusive federal jurisdiction or not. Given its age and size I would bet it is an exclusive jurisdiction and that means state and local agencies have no jurisdiction unless they come at the request of the park in a mutual aid situation. State/local laws do not cover exclusive jurisdictions.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
According to the Google search I did, Rocky Mountain National Park is an exclusive federal jurisdiction. This per a law school website at the University of Wyoming.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
What does IMT 1, 2 & 3 mean for RMNP and what do they use that for?

IMT in wildland fire generally means "Incident Management Team." Incident Management Teams handle all types of emergencies, not just wildland fire so these Tacs, as near as I can guess, are for incidents where an incident management team is used. Like I said, this is a guess. The person who provided the information to post should have defined the terms better so we don't have to guess.

Are my posts helping you understand RMNP at all?