roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrplmil

Ok lets see who is in western Oklahoma Beside me
Name: James
Call if you have one: KA5KOH

moved here 9 months ago from Corsicana, Texas and Love it. The people are great.

BC246T
BCT7
BC350a
Pro 2051
Pro-83 (2)
ADI200
Alinco DX77
Pro57 still in service
Pro 2048 still in service
Kenwood 241a

Glenpool911

Guess you're the lone person in Western Oklahoma. The Oklahoma wind has swept everyone else to the Eastside!!!!

jrplmil

kind of strange considering there is a scanner in every house around here. People keep up around here. So and so went to the hospital. Even the dispatches tell you things like 2nd house past Joe B..... house. Cow out 1 mile past Jims house. You learn who everyone is that way. I guess thats why I cant find anyone on two meters to talk too. This is a great radio location. I hear lots no one else can hear on HF every day. I hear activity in OK City 125 miles away on the scanner.
73's
James
KA5KOH

mam1081

Feed Provider
jrplmil said:
kind of strange considering there is a scanner in every house around here. People keep up around here. So and so went to the hospital. Even the dispatches tell you things like 2nd house past Joe B..... house. Cow out 1 mile past Jims house. You learn who everyone is that way. I guess thats why I cant find anyone on two meters to talk too. This is a great radio location. I hear lots no one else can hear on HF every day. I hear activity in OK City 125 miles away on the scanner.
73's
James
KA5KOH

There are a couple of "tall" 2m repeaters in OKC. Try hitting 146.925 (I think it's a "minus" offset, no tone). That one probably has one of the best coverages. You should be able to find some people to talk to on that one. Might need a beam though...

jrplmil

Thanks mark. I have a 3 element but only 45 watts so will also need an amp. I just use the HF. Seems like I got a direct link back to Corsicana and I talk to Tulsa whenever someone there is on. I hang t 7.280 to 7.95 most of the time.
James
KA5Koh

jrplmil

That one seems like its down more than up. even when its up It is very bad on my beam. I cant bring it out of hibernation when I am in Elk City on my 45 watt R/S 2 Meter. There are 2 repeaters listed in My 2005 repeater guide but none here. If I cold just convince mt wife to get her tech we would be in business hi
James
KA5KOH

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm out here in Elk City, didn't catch the thread, howdy neighbor!! Set up a time on 146.76 and we can get together. I have it programmed in my Kenwood TK-270 radio at work, my motorola cp200 ht, and my scanners at home.

Jim
KE5FEK/KE5AZY

Last edited:

jrplmil

Gee I have it programmed in 8 scanners and 2 radios and I have not heard it in about a month now. I cant bring it up with my beam and 45 watt radio. I think it is only about 25 miles as the crow flies. Its funny thou as there is some guy that never identifys that is around Kingfisher that uses 146.52 simplex all the time. More than likely he doesnot have a liscense as he never id's. I am building a preamp now to try and bring it in. Will keep trying Jim. I know I need to be higher with my beam bbut I am only a Mile from the airport and dont want to take a chance. Perhaps I can catch you on 160, 80 or 40meters? Just say where and when. In the General part of the band. If you know CW I am out of practice but willing. CUL and 73
James
KA5KOH

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm only tech. level so hf is out. for now...

I try to monitor .760 at work, as it's a part of my job in emergency managment, I have a state issued 2 mtr radio in my office. But, I do have duties that take me away from my desk from time to time. There used to be a repeater in Cheyenne but I think it's down now.

I'll be home and monitoring all weekend, maybe we can get together and tie up Gary's repeater some...lol!:wink:

jrplmil

I will be listening. I am not sure now but when I went from novice to general 25 years ago the only different was code speed. From 5 to 13 WPM. I did nothing but code for a year before upgrading. I nearly blew it as it seemed sooooo slow then. Think it is 5 WPM now. I did try the repeater a few times yesterday and got it to ID but it was cutting out badly.
73's
James
KA5KOH

cop_pmed

Western Oklahoma Occupant here. Hi my call sign is KD5CYI and I'm a ham radio operator. Almost sounds like I'm here for AA (airwave anon!!)

jrplmil

gee am I seeing things!!!! I tried the repeter a couple of times each day and gont get any responce. Hope to hear someone soon.

cop_pmed

ka5koh, ka5koh this is kd5cyi on 76 machine tried for you at 006 hrs 09/08/06 will try again starting friday evening or so. Heard the repeater key this evening but no audio. been on since early afternoon of 09/07/06.

cop_pmed

We did it (yes I cleaned it up). JRPLMIL and I finally made contact on the 146.760 Elk City repeater the other day. It was good to hear you on there KA5KOH!!!

jrplmil

I was in Elk Wed and tried the repeater and did not raise anyone. I did hear an A--5--- make a call but I could not respond as I was in the process of checking out at walmart. I will be back in Elk on the 23th :p

Rescue_320

NAME: Chris
LOCALE: Purcell (McClain) (Specifically, anywhere between the 71 marker, I-35/I-40 junction, 96th/Western, and I-40 to Yukon, at any given time.)
CALL: EYECON (Citizen's Band)

jrplmil

Hi Chris I see this is your 2nd post. Welcome. When you said CB I presume you stay on channel 19? I dont have a way to talk on CB. In my auto I have 50MHZ 146MHZ 220MHZ and 440MHZ. There are a lot of others that can that are here. I hope you are enjoying the hobby as much as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.