Rolling Code Inversion On PD Frequency..

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

There's a frequency here in Arkansas in one of the counties, It's a sheriff's department in Izard County, Now it says in the DB that they use "ROLLING CODE INVERSION" on all of thier conversations and transmissions, However, I heard this department from Paragould Arkansas Earlier in the day which is three counties over and heard every word, It wasn't scrambled at all... Rolling code inversion does mean scrambled conversation right? If so, Why could I Hear it, Why was it not scrambled? Can anyone explain?

brandon

Database Admin
It's possible they stopped using it and the database had not been updated yet.

btritch

That's true, That had crossed my mind, I caught them bleeding over on one my local channels while mobile this afternoon, I'm going to enter them here and listen, I should be able to get them...And confirm and update DB if necessary.. I thought Rolling Code Inversion meant scrambled... Thanks..

fineshot1

I am sure they do not use it all the time. They probably have it programed into there radios so they can use it only when called for - another words all they probably need to do is hit a button or switch and they are in scramble mode. Just an educated guess...

CDS-INC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
not trying to highjack this post, but there are times when i was living in buffalo, and the pd would be doing their normal dispatching and then a unit would cut in with encryption and transmit, but no one say's anything back to that unit and the dispatcher doesn't recognize that the unit is transmitting.
Could that be a Data transmission?

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It could be, but if it was data how would you be sure it was encrypted or just unencrypted data.

Also, there are many times a unit could say something that does not need any reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.