RS models number = 20-??? catalog number

Status
Not open for further replies.

ind224

Sticky and Wiki don't have the info. Folks on the major reselling markets ebay craigslist offer up ect don't take good pics and tend to just say "scanner" without a model number. I'm looking to find the model numbers and corresponding RS catalog numbers i.e. Pro 2045 is RS 20-418 Thanks!!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It's probably time consuming but you may be able to do some of it by looking in the Index page for each year of the old RadioShack catalogs at this site Radio Shack Catalogs - General Catalogs

That would show the RS stock (catalog number) number or SKU as well as the Pro number.
I know a couple of the Pro numbers were reused over the years but the differences in the actual capabilities were night and day apart.

You are correct in saying the Wiki here is not much help. I never really paid much attention but now see that the wiki does not always show the RS SKU number and only shows the PRO number.

Have you tried looking at the RIGPIX website? I think that's how the site is spelled plus there is another similar site with pictures and specs of most of the old RS scanner models. Not sure they show the old SKU numbers either but it's probably worth a look.

Last edited:

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
Sticky and Wiki don't have the info. Folks on the major reselling markets ebay craigslist offer up ect don't take good pics and tend to just say "scanner" without a model number. I'm looking to find the model numbers and corresponding RS catalog numbers i.e. Pro 2045 is RS 20-418 Thanks!!
Radio Shack Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

if you click the specific model # you'll see the catalog number.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

if you click the specific model # you'll see the catalog number.

I thought the Wiki showed that info!
I was going in under the scanner models page that lists all models from all manufacturers by their retail model number.
I could not find the Radio Shack specific page for some reason. Either method into the Wiki page for a specific RS model should take you to the same page regardless.

Some of the RS models listed in the Wiki are still missing the catalog number but this should be quicker for the OP instead of trying to find them in the old Radio Shack catalog site. Plus RS stopped printing the store catalogs so the newer model won't be found at that site I linked.

I think it's the Pro-92 that does not show the catalog number when you look at it from the Wiki page for that model. I could have simply missed it when skimming over the page also.

ind224

My bad; some of the catalog numbers ARE shown in the Wiki and indeed I missed them. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.